facebook

Society???????????

by: SMU

Does the society live in the theta house???? I’m thinking about dropping rush and joining

Posted By: SMU
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yup   

Yep they do! Drop 4 sure

By: Yup
#2  by: What   

What’s the society

By: What
#3  by: ur mom   

Yeah ladies! Why not join the group that got kicked out for pushing a member down the stairs and forced binge drinking??

By: ur mom
#4  by: Huh?   

Does it look like anyone lives there?

By: Huh?
#5  by: Theta   

I hope so! It’s such a beautiful house, I hope they can keep it.

By: Theta
#6  by: SMU Charlie   

I think you should check out how many Pike’s and KA’s are presently living in their SMU Frat Houses.

So most likely.. There are No Thetas, Psuedo Theta Society, or The “The Society Members” living in the house “Laura Bush Helped Build!”

By: SMU Charlie
by: Fake NewsJan 14, 2023 11:15:34 AM

Do you get off to being called out for being wrong all the time? I have yet to see you make a post with any accurate information. You clearly know absolutely nothing about SMU and I have no idea why you keep posting on here even though you've said that you graduated 40 years ago. You could at least ask your grandchildren first for some info before posting misinformation here.

SMU does not own the Theta house. The Housing corporation previously known as the Beta Sigma KAΘ Housing corp still owns the house which is mostly run by Theta alumni. SMU owned the Pike and KA houses, which is why their members had to leave when they got kicked off. They have since become the Sigma Nu and BYX houses. The Thetas that planned on living in the Theta house this year are currently living there this year since those students signed a housing contract for the 2022-2023 school year. It is unknown what will happen next year.

It is up to the Housing corp to decide who lives in the house next year, not SMU. If they want to lease it out to a potential new sorority or the school, they can. If they want former Thetas to live there, they can. If they want to leave it empty and not make any money, they can. SMU does not have any say since they do not own the property and their organization currently has no affiliation with SMU.

Laura Bush was quick to renounce her Theta membership during the controversy so I don't know why you're even mentioning her. Do you think Thetas brag about her being a member or something?

By: Fake News
by: SMU CharlieJan 14, 2023 2:14:20 PM

If Laura Bush wasn’t important to the Beta Sigma Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta at SMU, why did they brag about the Laura Bush Library inside the Theta House?

Thanks for the clarification about the ownership of the KAT house.

By: SMU Charlie
#7  by: Y’all are dumb    

Y’all are literally so dumb smu is using the theta house to house international and transfer students. I just transferred to smu, and they don’t have enough housing for all the freshmen, and they told me they are using the theta house because they don’t have enough housing.
No, thetas live there. If they did, you’d see them posting inside the house or walking into it. Maybe use some common sense. If they got kicked off, they wouldn’t be living or using the sorority house. lol

By: Y’all are dumb
by: interestingJan 14, 2023 1:02:33 PM

Are you telling me that over winter break, SMU evicted an entire home of people from a property they didn't even own and then replaced them with a bunch of people who'm the property owners have never met. Very interesting. Thought that would have been bigger news.

By: interesting
#8  by: Y’all are dumb    

They got kicked off before the school semester even started. I’m sure they moved out during the summer, or over the course of the 10 months they’ve been kicked off, maybe use some critical thinking skills. Wouldn’t you think it would be bigger news if all the thetas got to still live in the house after their sorority got kicked? I literally talked to the housing and enrollment director, and they both talked about the housing issue and how international students are put in thetas house, but no your right the thetas still live there lol. Also if the thetas got to live in their house still that would send the message that they are coming back as a chapter soon and enable them to still cling to their previous sorority more then they are now with the whole society thing.

#9  by: Y’all are dumb    

Also theta knew they were most likely going to get kicked off for along time probably close to a year and a half by now, I’m sure all the girls could move out in that time especially over the summer.

by: WowJan 14, 2023 2:43:03 PM

That's crazy. I guess I just have friends who have never brought up the fact they aren't from the United States and liked photobombing a bunch of Theta events while wearing their colors.

By: Wow

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.