facebook

Things we know about SMU Charlie

by: Nancy Drew

Since Charlie is so obsessed with uncovering information about us, we felt it was only appropriate to gather all the information she’s shared about herself on this site into one place. She is a former kappa or pi phi (likely pi phi) that graduated from SMU in 1985 and spent one year at University of Texas at some point during her college career. Her mom and sisters were kappas. She is “active” on the Highland Park/Preston Hollow social circuit and used to work in real estate. She regularly contacts SMU panhellenic spokespeople to gather information about college greek life organizations. She has a friend from New Jersey and has been all the way to Toronto and Mexico. She never learned the rules for capitalization.

All of this information has been divulged by Charlie herself on this very page and therefore is not a violation of privacy. She’s just so obsessed with us that it was time to show her how creepy it really is.

Posted By: Nancy Drew
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nancy Drew   

She also went to Highland Park High School and is a likely member of the following: Junior League, Slipper Club, Dallas Woman’s Club, and The Chrystal Charity Ball, based on how much stock she put into them in her post justifying why belonging to a legitimate sorority is crucial to becoming a Dallas socialite. She’s also pretending to be “SMU Gurl” based on the similarity of the language and typing conventions used in both posts.

By: Nancy Drew
by: Unstoppable Troll Moms 🙋Dec 11, 2022 10:15:30 AM

Full, transparent disclosures must be required for the upcoming Spring semester recruitment.

A written statement from the university or panHELLenic must be read and presented to these girls immediately giving the actual recruitment results from the past 5 years.

An actual percent of "legacy versus non-legacy" percentages for each participating sorority must be fully disclosed to them immediately before these unsuspecting girls enter this EVIL predetermined elimination process. 😱

By: Unstoppable Troll Moms 🙋
#2  by: SMU Charlie   

Actually, I’ve been enjoying all the “Dallas High Society Holiday Debutante Parties “ while you’ve been taking Exams!”

By: SMU Charlie
by: SMU CharlieDec 10, 2022 7:48:48 PM

Did I mention my spouse is a Member of Idlewild, Calyx, and Terps? They are the “HP Men’s Clubs in Dallas Society! We’re All “Highly Pissy!” Theta Society Will “ Never Do!”

#3  by: SMU Charlie   

Forgot to mention: As mentioned in The D Magazine Column: “Society Battle Of The Big Three”……We All Have Waterford Crystal … Whether It Be A Kappa or Pi Phi! Did You Receive Any Recently? Perhaps you will know if you get a “Bid” from Pi Phi or Kappa in January 2023 Recruitment…Darling!

#4  by: Noname    

Here’s the deal folks, the person posting with all the caps has to be fake. No one is that stupid and out of touch. Also, people don’t particularly care about SMU sorority affiliation in Dallas. They just don’t.

By: Noname
by: agreeDec 11, 2022 8:09:11 AM

SMU Charlie=that loser who pretends to be an upset mom demanding legacy statistics. Really desperate for traffic here.

By: agree
by: SMU CharlieDec 11, 2022 8:51:40 PM

Some of you say not being a member of a National Sorority isn’t really that Important; however, I did meet a younger woman recently that mentioned having been a Zeta at one of the colleges in the Carolina’s did help her connect with the Dallas Zeta Alumni here in Dallas which “Connected Her” to becoming a member of the Dallas Junior League! Real Sororities do “Make A Difference!”

by: SMU CharlieDec 12, 2022 8:34:27 AM

Hi Ms. Agree. I hate to disappoint you, but I’m not a participant in the Legacy Statistics posts you refer to in your posts. Legacies can be important; however, it doesn’t guarantee that one has a “shoe in” for any particular sorority. Normally, Legacies are the first to be cut in recruitment as a courtesy so the PNM will know to consider another sorority.

by: agreeDec 12, 2022 9:22:12 PM

The term is shoo-in.

By: agree
by: SMU CharlieDec 13, 2022 5:47:32 PM

To the contrary stating that Dallas Society does not care about SMU Sorority Affliliation, I beg to differ.

At our most recent Tablescapes Charity Event which is sponsored by the Dallas KKG Alumni , our 2 co-chairs this year were Kappa Pledge Sisters at SMU in 1993!

The event was held at the Prestigious Dallas Country Club which has a waiting list that can take on average 7 years but can be up to 14 years in some cases. It’s like going through Recruitment because one does not approach the Club for Membership…..one must be Invited…and it only takes 2 Members to “Blackball” a Prospective Member!

As I stated previously, it’s “Tough As Nails To Make It In Dallas Society!”

#5  by: Fancy    

Why would anyone go to SMU from HPHS unless they had no other choice? It’s in their backyard.

By: Fancy
by: SMU CharlieDec 10, 2022 10:05:31 PM

No Darling…It’s Called Dallas Heritage Because SMU was and is part of Dallas History and was and still is “The Pride Of Dallas!”

by: SMU CharlieDec 11, 2022 4:22:26 PM

Well... Ms. Fancy...I narrowed my final college selections to UT Austin and SMU. I was accepted into both; however, I decided at the last minute to go to SMU because more of my closest friends from HPHS were going to SMU. We all wanted to be either Kappas or Pi Phi's together!

#6  by: SMU Charlie   

FYI: I used to be a Reagan/Bush Republican: I Just Can’t Be “MAGA” which wants to be an “Authoritarian/Dictatorship!” Therefore, I’m now A “GDI” when it comes to “Political Parties!” “ Country Before Party!”

#7  by: SMU Charlie   

My husband had a “Thought!” Maybe former SMU Thetas and “Wannabee Theta Society Girls could have “Mixers” with Texas Rho in Austin…But I Just Remembered…they would need at least an SAT Score of 1480 to get into UT Austin….Therefore; They Wouldn’t Make The Cut….since most of them are Instagram Influencers….and most Financial Advisors typically “Flunk Out” after 3-5 Years!

#8  by: Lol   

Imagine if someone figured out who SMU Charlie is in real life based on all the information she’s divulged- seems like she may become the new outcast of “Dallas Society” for this Pathetic Behavior

By: Lol
by: SMU CharlieDec 11, 2022 1:49:07 PM

Well…when you figure it out Darling, you’re welcome to come join our family here in our suite here at AT&T Stadium to come watch a Cowboy Game!

by: SMU CharlieDec 11, 2022 3:43:47 PM

Hopefully some of you were able to have a “study break” and watch today’s Cowboys/Texans game. The Cowboys were perhaps just a “skosh” over confident but did come back to “Win!l We’re going to wait for the traffic to thin out. Holiday In The Park at Six Flags Over Texas looks like it’s festive.

For those who are interested in staying in Dallas being a member of The Dallas Cotillion Club is a great way to get involved in Charity Events. Just check out “My Sweet Charity” to find out more.

Good luck on your last several days of Finals!

by: SMU CharlieDec 13, 2022 2:05:57 PM

As I previously mentioned KKG National pulled around 19 members pins for the 2016 incident. As far as the “B&B” incident at Indiana University I already stated they were “foolish;” however, there was no actual Coca Cola discovered.

I seriously doubt any new PNM’s will care since 2016 is in the past. Again, anyone receiving a bid from Pi Beta Phi or Kappa Kappa Gamma will be elated in January 2023 Recruitment!

#9  by: SMU Charlie   

Calling All Influencers! Have you ever heard of Arielle Charnas…..You know the Influencer who started “Something Navy?” Well…I suggest you check out the “Business Insider “ article which tells you how badly the company is now “Flailing!”

#10  by: SMU Charlie   

Just remember: Theta Society or The Society…Will Never Do In Highland Park or Preston Hollow!

As we said at Abio &! Adleta…”WHEN ONLY THE BEST WILL DO!”

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.