facebook

Sorority ranks for 2023 rush

by: Smu girl

With the new developments this semester, here’s the real rankings and why:
Top: Kappa (good Dallas connections, wealthy)
Upper mid: Pi phi, Tri Delt (“pretty girls”, social, selective, all frats like them,partiers )
Mid: Chi O (known as the more Christian, conservative girls but a lot of these girls also party and are fun, some weird ones)
Lower Mid: DG (known as the “smart girls”, pretty house, quiet vibes)
Upper bottom: A Chi O (mostly weird girls, some plus size)
Bottom: G Phi (obvious reasons, never has full pledge class)

And I would say “Theta Society” probably now ranks just above Chi O but below Pi Phi and Tri Delt because while they still have status now, they will eventually fade out of the SMU Greek life scene.

Who mixes with who:
Kappa: SAE
Pi Phi: Phi Delt, some SAE
Tri Delt: Phi Delt, Sig Chi, some SAE
Chi O: Beta, some Phi Delt
DG: Sig Nu
A Chi O: A E Pi, K Sig

Theta Society: Fiji, Sig Chi, some SAE

Posted By: Smu girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Thanks Kappa Mom!   

I think it is just wonderful that you are taking the time to get the "inside scoop" on Greek life at SMU all these years after you graduated!

By: Thanks Kappa Mom!
by: Unstoppable Troll Moms 🙋Nov 8, 2022 1:28:50 PM

Full, transparent disclosures must be required for this Fall-Spring semester's recruitment. 😱

A written statement from the university must be read and presented to these girls in the early Fall semester, giving the actual recruitment results from the past 5 years.

An actual percent of "legacy versus non-legacy" percentages for each participating sorority must be fully disclosed to them at that time. 😱

By: Unstoppable Troll Moms 🙋
#2  by: Ha   

Laughing... real rankings:
Theta Society, Pi Phi, Kappa
Tri Delt, Chi O
DG, AXO, GPhi

Theta Society is the future...freedom!

By: Ha
by: NoNov 8, 2022 6:52:53 PM

You wish

By: No
by: Fall 2022Nov 29, 2022 10:37:17 AM

Sororities:
Top: Pi Phi, KKG
Mid: Tri Delt, Chi-O
Lower mid: DG, AXO
Small: Gphi

Fraternities:
Top: SAE, Sig Chi
Mid: Fiji, Phi Delt, Beta
Small: Snu, Ksig, byx, aepi

Let's try to use our time this year to improve ourselves.
Not attack each other's Chapter.
Many projects need to be completed. 😊

By: Fall 2022
by: Greek Row Projects 😊Nov 30, 2022 9:57:58 AM

Let's dedicate our energy to these 3 projects this academic year.

1. 💑 Establish weekly sorority house hosted mixers.
2. 🏛 Renovate the Sigma Chi chapter house temporary facade.
3. 💲 Financially rescue the Fijis from insolvency.

🗣 Call, e-mail, text, IM or snap your sorority social, officer chairs with your excitement over these projects.

Let's get mov'n ! 🚀

By: Greek Row Projects 😊
by: GgirlDec 2, 2022 7:47:51 PM

Theta ❤️❤️

By: Ggirl
by: SMU girlJun 2, 2023 12:41:21 AM

Theta society is not a sorority

By: SMU girl
#3  by: SMU Charlie   

The Truth Coming From Directly Speaking With The SMU Director Of Panhellenic/IFC Councils:

I Spoke With The Director Of Panhellenic And IFC On 11-7-22 And Initially Inquired With Her About The Possibility Of Pi Kappa Alpha And Kappa Alpha Returning To SMU And Participating In Spring Recruitment January 2033 Since Both Their Suspensions Are Or Will Be Completed By January 2023. Neither Fraternity Has Been Formally Invited Nor Voted By The Council To Return To SMU in 2023 At This Juncture.

Furthermore, She Specifically Stated That Neither Kappa Alpha Theta (Suspended) Nor “Theta Society” Are Recognized Social Organizations At SMU. Just As Texas Rho (Formerly The SAE Chapter At UT Austin) Is Not A Legitimate Recognized Social Organization By The UT Panhellenic/IFC Council. The SMU Panhellenic/IFC Is Monitoring For Any Such Illegitimate Activities.

Good Luck To Those Who Are Participating in Recruitment 2023!

By: SMU Charlie
#4  by: lmao   

Pi phi has and will always be top. Some sad kappa mom wrote this because she needs to feel like her daughter is the best. When I bet her daughter is a buck toothed, fake tanned, yee haw girl from Alanta.

By: lmao
by: SMU Charlie Nov 28, 2022 1:33:09 PM

Considering that Pi Phi and Kappa are the only 2 left from PKT at SMU, most girls will be thrilled to get a bid from either one of these long time established sororities.

I can attest having been a realtor for over 15 years in Dallas that KKG Alums comprise some of the Highest Top Producers in Dallas Residential Real Estate. A number are past Presidents of the Dallas Metrotex Association of Realtors!

By: SMU Charlie
by: ^Nov 29, 2022 12:01:04 PM

Hahahahahaha how embarrassing

By: ^
#5  by: SMU Gurl   

I've always liked going with my parents to look at houses on Sunday afternoons when real estate agents hold Open Houses.

I'm thinking about being a real estate major and hope to live in Dallas after graduation. Thanks for sharing your comments.

By: SMU Gurl
#6  by: SMU Gurl   

Just wanted to say I noticed Greek Rank thankfully took down the really vulgar posting from several days ago.

It's just "Wrong" and should never be tolerated....especially when someone does it under the guise of another person's identity or user name.

Show some "Class!"

#7  by: SMU Gurl   

Hi everyone. I know everyone is gearing up for finals starting December 8-14. Hard to believe Fall Semester is almost over!

Looking forward to going home for Christmas and finalize my shopping for recruitment dress attire. Also, all my recommendation letters are all confirmed including the "Big 2!"

Good luck everyone!

by: Newly ShOcKeD GDI 😵Dec 1, 2022 3:05:55 PM

panHELLenic 👿 knows, knew and still lead-on 850 unknowing freshmen PNMs to their harsh rigged predetermined elimination recruitment. 😱

Looking back, panHELLenic is to blame for not being "more forthcoming" about the limited true openings for the top 4 legacy-saturated sororities to 850 unknowing freshmen PNMs. 😖

The university is to blame for scheduling recruitment to entrap 450 newly sHoCkEd GDI unsuspecting girls for 2 exorbitantly expensive semesters. Then both dropping them with limited social events or activities for the captured Spring semester. 😤

By: Newly ShOcKeD GDI 😵
#8  by: 4780   

Top: Pi phi, kappa
Upper top: theta society
Upper mid: tri delt
Mid: chi o
Upper bottom: axo
Bottom: dg, gphi

By: 4780
#9  by: SMU girl   

Top: Kappa, Pi Phi, Tri Delt
Mid: Chi O, The Society
Lower: Axo, Dg
Lowest: G Phi

Kappa, Pi Phi and Tri Delt have full pledge classes and mix with all the top frats. The Society mixes with the top frats but only because of the older girls that used to be thetas which means that they will eventually fade out. Dg and Chi O are mid level sororities that have been getting decent pledge classes. G phi has not filled their quota for classes so they are bottom. A new sorority is coming on campus though which may change the rankings.

By: SMU girl
#10  by: Interesting   

But despite rankings The Society hangs out with the top frats. That pretty much sums it up.

By: Interesting

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.