facebook

Theta Transfer Destinations?

by: Curious

My guess is that a lot of (now former) Thetas will be transferring from SMU, given that having their charter suspended will damage their image on social media/undercut their main pillar of self-esteem.
UT would be the obvious choice (especially for Texas girls) and has a prestigious Theta Chapter, but their likelihood of getting accepted as a transfer is probably low/non-existant. The same for USC (California, not South Carolina), as there are probably very, very few who would meet the academic standards for transfer to SC. Ditto for Vanderbilt.
I can't see many transferring to A and M.
I think the most likely exodus will be to TCU. If that occurs, it will interesting to see how the Theta chapter at TCU handles the girls who want to affiliate.
(That is assuming Theta nationals did not put all chapter members on alumni status).
Thoughts?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yawn   

Nobody cares, and my "thoughts" are that you don't have too much going on in your life for you to be thinking and posting in such detail about this. Go find your people on the Bama page, there are a lot of trolls on there just like you.

By: yawn
by: @yawnAug 6, 2022 4:07:31 PM

Sounds like the original post hit a nerve! How are those transfer applications going?

By: @yawn
by: 😊ummer Sorority ProjectsAug 28, 2022 4:07:51 PM

Let's dedicate our energy to these 3 projects this summer.

1. Establish Fall semester weekly sorority house hosted mixers. 💑
2. Renovate the Sigma Chi chapter house temporary facade. 🏛
3. Financially rescue the Fijis from insolvency. 💲

Call, e-mail, text, IM or snap your sorority social, officer chairs with your excitement over these projects. 🗣

Let's get mov'n ! 🚀

By: 😊ummer Sorority Projects
#2  by: truth   

No SMU Thetas will be able to transfer to USC or UT. They won't get in. TCU is probably best fit.

By: truth
#3  by: Other Option   

I bet you will see a huge uptick in study abroad by Theta's (assuming they can still find programs to get into at this point).

By: Other Option
#4  by: Smu   

Those girls aren’t going to transfer. They were the best sorority on campus, they will still be seen as such. Taking away a label isn’t going to do much.

By: Smu
by: Label?Aug 14, 2022 1:09:29 PM

Uh, lack of University and national sorority recognition, lack of a house to meet, etc., is more than a "label."
How they (you?) will be seen as a "top sorority" when there are no pledge classes/no official functions?

By: Label?
#5  by: boy   

its easy really...they go underground. when there's money, there's a way

By: boy
#6  by: boy   

I once had a theory that thetas would take this opportunity to redefine the clique aspect that they were as a sorority into an underground club for influencers and wannabes. you bet your ass that will happen starting tomorrow

By: boy
#7  by: hahahahaha no   

Why would they need to go underground? They will go out and go to the frats like they always have. Girls don't need to go underground. And thetas don't need or want influencers or wannabes. You are projecting your stupid guy fantasies.

By: hahahahaha no
by: ^Aug 28, 2022 2:47:40 PM

That doesn't make any of them 'influencers' just TT posters like everybody else.

By: ^
by: Uh...Aug 29, 2022 7:25:53 PM

So I guess that makes them "wannabe influencers?

Best of both worlds?

By: Uh...
#8  by: Psu   

Penn State. Just gotta deal with the cold and less church goers…

By: Psu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.