facebook

How to rush?

by: SMU ‘25

So I’m a freshman & thinking about going through rush next year.
Do I need recs for everyone sorority? & Will I get cut if I don’t have one?

Posted By: SMU ‘25
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

You need connections. That is more important. Meet people in chapters if you want a bid. Some sororities don't take recs anymore. You have to check each sorority and if they take recs then get them.

By: no
by: Be Forewarned 😮Jan 30, 2022 12:05:10 PM

You entered into a long standing predetermined rigged sorority recruitment. There are more legacy PNMs than the top 3 have openings, more like 70-75 legacy PNMs for the top 3 this semester. Each top 6 sororities has a PC of about 60. The university and panHELLenic should forewarned and prepared this large group of students of the harch reality of SMU recruitment. 🤨

The cattle call charade you participated in this month obviously angered and left you with resentment toward the Greek system and the university. Each year there are about 250-300 newly sHoCkEd GDIs for the numerous reasons previously disclosed. 😮

The university and panHELLenic set the Spring semester timeline so a 100% refund of tuition and housing fee deadline occurs well BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then a short 5 day period to drop courses and move out before the 50% refund is set. The 50% refund deadline was Friday afternoon, not allowing the weekend for your parents to drive the dangerous wintery roads to move you out....🚙

All by design of the university and panHELLenic. 😖

As a graduating senior, I cannot depart this university without trying to do my part to end this ongoing EVIL rigged elimination process. The university must add other social opportunities and events for non-greek students. The university gave me a great if not superior education. However, I am appalled each February to see so many beautiful 18 year old girls in a state of shock and depression. Which should be one the happiest and exciting times of their lives. 😩

By: Be Forewarned 😮
by: ThisFeb 11, 2022 2:17:31 AM

^^^^.

By: This
#2  by: ^   

If you are a freshman at SMU now then consider fall COB for upperclassmen. Do everything said above staring right now for your best chance.

By: ^
by: TyJan 29, 2022 6:20:03 PM

Thanks you!
Honestly though, are the sophomore girls looked down upon?
& if I was cut this year, will I also be cut next year?

By: Ty
by: Mustang Mom 🥺Jan 30, 2022 12:08:30 PM

The 2022 Spring sorority rush at SMU has lived up to all the bad press I’ve encountered about the process. SMU historically has had issues with non-legacy girls being passed over. 😕

SMU panHELLenic continues avoid disclosing their limited opportunity to join the top sororities. I agree with a prior post that prior years recruitment disclosure reports including legacy versus non-legacy results be disclosed to them months in advance. 🤨

panHELLenic's FAILURE to disclose and to allow “dirty” rush is completely misleading these young women in thinking joining SMU sororities is an obtainable goal. I agree it is "cruel and deceitful.” What a needless disappointment for so many non-legacy girls.

It’s been a horrible experience for my daughter and many others. 😣

By: Mustang Mom 🥺

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.