facebook

What if you can’t rush until next year

by: freshman2024

I had a conduct hearing at the end of the semester and my punishment is that I can’t rush until next year. I really want to be in a sorority and went on so many rush dates especially with the top houses so I’m super disappointed. Will I still have fun this semester if I can’t rush? Is there any chance I’ll get a bid from a top
house rushing as a sophomore?

Posted By: freshman2024
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: you asked   

Nooo.

By: you asked
by: 4get itDec 14, 2020 10:52:22 AM

2021 Spring PNMs.
Best, most accurate post of the year.

Each sorority's Recruitment Committee consists of it's most powerful alumni, a few Chapter officers and 1 or 2 active members. They review PNMs apps, recs and respond to mommies' calls & contribution$ to honor their "legacy daughter". This Recruitment Committee determines how many PNM Chapter legacies will be honored with a Spring bid, usually by November 1st. Often for the top 4 sororities, there are less than 10 openings remaining for non-legacies.

The first recruitment rounds are called "cattle calls". Most junior & seniors take Chapter fines instead of attending these. They do not want to make fake conversation with "non-legacy walking casualties".

Non-legacies have a "very legitimate beef" with panHELLenic for not disclosing their limited opportunity to join the top 4 sororities. The "legacy versus non-legacy" Recruitment results for the past few years should be disclosed to PNMs months in advance. Leading-on non-legacy PNMs about joining Greek Life in the top 4 sororities is "cruel and deceitful".

Focus on sororities 7 & 8.

By: 4get it
by: 2 4getitDec 14, 2020 11:27:06 AM

Why do you keep using the term "to honor" their legacy daughter? Man, you're bizarre. Bring on one of your other personas to explain.

By: 2 4getit
by: Jr sratDec 14, 2020 3:25:56 PM

Srats "honor" their legacies with bids.

By: Jr srat
by: ??Dec 14, 2020 3:53:15 PM

Nope.

By: ??
#2  by: PC20member    

So you will not be having fun during mixer season. It’s like a month ish long that starts after bid day. As long as you remain friends with girls in sororities you will be ok. As a girl, you can still go to any frat party even if ur not in a house. You might just be a little out of the loop because most of the party invites happen in group me between frats and strats. One of my friends didn’t get the gpa to rush last year and she came out with us all the time! Just don’t make the same mistake next year so you can rush as a sophomore :)

By: PC20member

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.