facebook

reaching out and making friends

by: freshman

I've had some sorority girls follow me on Instagram recently and I'm interested in rushing. Should I talk to them first? I feel like communicating with members is taboo like you're trying to convince them that you're the best pick for their sorority (even though it's July?). Do they get weirded out by that or is it seen as generally nice if you talk to them first?

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: TRUE Reality   

Sororities 1-3 bid 85-95%+ to legacies ONLY.
Sororities 4-6 bid 70-85%+ to legacies ONLY.
Sorority 7 bids to 85% of PNMs.
Sorority 8 bids to 100% of PNMs.

SMU's Top 6 Sororities are almost a CLOSED LEGACY Society.
Spring Recruitment is a FARCE for most NON-LEGACY PNMs.

By: TRUE Reality
by: Sadly AccurateJul 2, 2020 11:50:12 PM

This Spring 2020 recruitment was another WELCOME CEREMONY for legacies. Panhellenic MUST fully disclose by October 1st, 2020 the truthful legacy-filled 2020 Spring recruitment results. Listing each sorority and number of legacies in each PC for the past 3 years.

This early Fall semester disclosure will prepare next Spring non-legacy 2021 PNMs the "realistic slim-chance of a bid" from the top 6 sororities. Hopefully preventing another Springtime of newly shocked GDIs.

By: Sadly Accurate
by: HARSH RealityJul 2, 2020 11:56:03 PM

Sorority 1-3 PCs are packed with legacies. Over 90%.
Sorority 4-6 PCs are loaded with legacies. Over 85%.

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous families and star athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars.

The average non-legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. Panhellenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester.

Then...the COB illusion. Newly shocked GDIs are encouraged to participate in COB, where Sororities 7 & 8 are the ONLY remaining options available.

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" for the past 3 years by October 1st, 2020. Everyone is aware of Panhellenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT.

By: HARSH Reality
by: TRUE RealityJul 3, 2020 8:14:46 AM

Sororities 1-3 bid 85-95%+ to legacies ONLY.
Sororities 4-6 bid 70-85%+ to legacies ONLY.
Sorority 7 bids to 85% of PNMs.
Sorority 8 bids to 100% of PNMs.

We INSIST that you hand out bids to non-legacies when they arrive on campus.

by: Seriously Woman!?!?Jul 3, 2020 10:56:03 AM

Just stop. Your constant posts and follow up posts pretending to be other people add nothing to the conversation. All this girl is asking is how they should go about reaching out to people. If you know so much about the makeup of every house, why do we need a report? Why do you have such a low view of people that use this website and think that none of them can get into a top sorority. People like you are the worst kind of people and I am not surprised at all you didn’t get a bid. You blame everyone else for your problems and pretend to be multiple people to validate your views.

By: Seriously Woman!?!?
by: mom hereJul 4, 2020 2:53:30 PM

FYI to the mom who is asking to have any legacy report disclosed: Please understand these girls are busy...( unlike you). Perhaps you don't realize that this is all public info in the Panel office. In addition every srat has a list of which legacy's made it and which did not. All public info- you and every pen is welcome to view it.

By: mom here
by: Spring 2021 PNMJul 4, 2020 5:34:46 PM

That's great news,

Please include the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" in our 2020 Fall Recruitment Registration Package, listing each sorority and number of legacies in each PC for the past 3 years. None of the PNMs were aware of it and it's public availability. Of course, it was never offered to us unless specifically requested.

This early Fall semester legacy disclosure report will prepare next Spring non-legacy 2021 PNMs for the "realistic slim-chance of a bid" from the top 6 sororities. Hopefully preventing another Springtime of newly-shocked depressed GDIs.

By: Spring 2021 PNM
by: Spring 2012 PNMJul 5, 2020 7:26:12 AM

Please include the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" in our 2020 Fall Recruitment Registration Package, listing each sorority and number of legacies in each PC for the past 3 years. None of the PNMs were aware of it and it's public availability. Of course, it was never offered to us unless specifically requested. So we demand it delivered to our doors!

This early Fall semester legacy disclosure report will prepare next Spring non-legacy 2021 PNMs for the "realistic slim-chance of a bid" from the top 6 sororities. Hopefully preventing another Springtime of newly-shocked depressed GDIs like my precious daughter who will never get over it. I blame you all for this.

By: Spring 2012 PNM
by: - seriouslyJul 5, 2020 1:41:41 PM

The 2021 PNM made major points here.
Panhellenic's spin response posts were weak.

The Spring 2021 PNMs will now demand the legacy disclosure in this Fall semester.
If legacies do not dominate the top 4 sororities, respond back with accurate facts.
If legacies do dominate the top 4 sororities, fess up and save face before a Fall humiliation.

By: - seriously
by: TRUE RealityJul 13, 2020 12:26:39 PM

EXCELLENT ACCURATE POST
- worth repeating....

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars.

The Average Non-Legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. Panhellenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving the Newly Shocked GDI no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester. "Trapped" for an expensive $50 grand Spring semester. Just as Panhellenic and the university designed it.

Then...the COB illusion. Newly shocked GDIs are encouraged to participate in COB, where Sororities 7 & 8 are the ONLY remaining options available.

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" for the past 3 years by October 1st, 2020. Everyone is aware of Panhellenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT.

If this report is available in the Panhellenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by Panhellenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by Panhellenic.

#2  by: Idk   

If sorority girls follow u follow back but don’t slide into their dms that might read as desperate. Definitely reach out to other incoming freshman it really makes the first week of school easier when u know people.

By: Idk
#3  by: greek life    

To Salty Mom- PMN"S can view in the panel office. Just so you are aware.... your iep # is listed and the only one facing humiliation is you. Thanks for making srat life more popular than ever here at SMU. We want to publicly thank you for doing your part in getting all srats incredible PMNs. Our new PCs have never been so strong achoo the board...
WITH LOVE,
GREEK LIFE

By: greek life
by: mazJul 7, 2020 2:00:03 PM

Actually true- no need to release anything, there is nothing to hide.... all legacy information is for public viewing in the greek life office. Pease take a moment off greek rank and check it out yourself... unless of course you think it may make you that much more salty.

By: maz
by: SpillJul 7, 2020 5:52:34 PM

Spill the SMU sorority legacy info:

List each sorority and number of legacies in each PC for the past 3 years.

We, 2021 PNMs do not want to alienate Panhellenic staff with this request.

Spill it now...here on GR.

By: Spill
by: -seriouslyJul 7, 2020 7:48:48 PM

Spill the SMU sorority legacy info:

List each sorority and number of legacies in each PC for the past 3 years because we demand it.

We, 2021 PNMs do not want to alienate Panhellenic staff with this request because we realize that we have already made fools of ourselves.

Spill it now...here on GR because we want what we want.

By: -seriously
by: spill itJul 8, 2020 2:32:44 PM

Hey Salty MOM-
While you are pretending to be a voice for the 2021 PNM's, you should know that the legacy report is in the pnm's
greek life office and we have had a slew of Pnm's view it over the years. In addition, we have had a record year in PMN's. Your lone voice must be tired but we do want to thank you for bringing this into the attention of PNms everywhere. Frats 1-8 are thriving.... despite your sole attempt to bring greek life down.

By: spill it
#4  by: Insorority   

It felt taboo to me too when I was rushing last year, but I found that actually a lot of friends did it. Many people had more rush dates than I did because I tried not to seem to eager for one house. I ended getting what I wanted, but my choice was more about a low key Greek experience, which isn’t everyone’s preference. I would say go for it.

By: Insorority
by: HARSH RealityJul 13, 2020 11:27:03 AM

EXCELLENT ACCURATE POST
- worth repeating....

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars.

The Average Non-Legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. Panhellenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving the Newly Shocked GDI no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester. "Trapped" for an expensive $50 grand Spring semester. Just as Panhellenic and the university designed it.

If this report is available in the Panhellenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by Panhellenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by Panhellenic.

By: HARSH Reality
by: TRUE RealityJul 13, 2020 3:40:01 PM

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars.My kid was not.

The Average Non-Legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. Panhellenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving the Newly Shocked GDI no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester. "Trapped" for an expensive $50 grand Spring semester. Just as Panhellenic and the university designed it.I have to hand it to them and congratulate them in this.

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" for the past 3 years by October 1st, 2020. Everyone is aware of Panhellenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT. Actually, you are. You can do it if you want.

If this report is available in the Panhellenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by Panhellenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by Panhellenic. I don't blame them because I myself am a big hairy troll.

by: Again, the truthJul 13, 2020 5:57:15 PM

^ Enough with the Panhellenic spin posts.

EXCELLENT ACCURATE POST
- worth repeating....

By: Again, the truth
#5  by: Again, the truth   

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars. My daughter had a 2.1 and was left out.

Then...the COB illusion. Newly shocked GDIs are encouraged to participate in COB, where Sororities 7 & 8 are the ONLY remaining options available. This was unacceptable for my gorgeous girl.

If this report is available in the Panhellenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by Panhellenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by Panhellenic, as I was. SPILL it because I want it immediately.

By: Again, the truth
by: tyuirsJul 20, 2020 12:09:32 PM

Why in the world would you want anyone to disclose this? No one cares. Honestly and truly, no one. Do you think you're going to solely bring down SMU? You are WRONG. People who attend SMU knows that there are not enough spots for everyone. You know when you rush you may not get the srat you want. So whats the problem? Join another one.... so simple. Your information from 2 years ago that frats 7 and 8 were in financial "distress" as you claim complete horse manure. All greek life continues to thrive, regardless of your laughable posts. Continue with your rants, bc you view life as unfair..... know that you have done nothing to deter greek life. Infact you have made it s much stronger.

By: tyuirs
#6  by: yes   

THIS^^^

By: yes
by: and Again....Jul 21, 2020 8:05:56 PM

^ Enough with the Panhellenic spin posts.

EXCELLENT ACCURATE POST
- worth repeating....

Only 360 PNMs accepting bids from sororities 1-6 will experience the legendary SMU Greek life experience. An additional 60 will accept bids from 7 & 8, leaving on average 300 newly shocked GDIs each Spring semester.

By: and Again....
by: ttJul 22, 2020 6:47:58 AM

Gots to admit.... we love getting salty mom all ralled up...... Common y'all, we gots more work to do.

By: tt
#7  by: Reality Check   

Salty mom, you have no idea what you’re talking about. I have been an advisor to one of the “4-6 houses“ you talk about and legacies are not more than 30-40% of the pledge class. The majority of new members are NOT legacies.

By: Reality Check
by: Must be 6Aug 24, 2020 10:14:42 PM

4 & 5 has had 80% or more legacies in their PCs for the past 5 years. We are dedicated to honor our legacies and their loyal families.

By: Must be 6

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.