facebook

chances of getting a pkt bid

by: 2020 PNM

Hi I’m going to be attending SMU in the fall and I’m wondering my chances of getting a bid from PKT. I am from Manhattan Beach CA, I was on my schools surf team, I did go to public school but I am from a wealthier area so the public schools are pretty good. I am majoring in Fashion Media.

Posted By: 2020 PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?   

How would we know?

By: ?
#2  by: TRUE Reality   

Sororities 1-3 bid 85-95%+ to legacies ONLY.
Sororities 4-6 bid 70-85%+ to legacies ONLY.
Sorority 7 bids to 85% of PNMs.
Sorority 8 bids to 100% of PNMs.

SMU's Top 6 Sororities are almost a CLOSED LEGACY Society.
Spring Recruitment is a FARCE for most NON-LEGACY PNMs.

By: TRUE Reality
by: Sadly AccurateJun 25, 2020 10:32:42 PM

This Spring 2020 recruitment was another WELCOME CEREMONY for legacies. Panhellenic MUST fully disclose the truthful legacy-filled recruitment results. Listing each sorority and number of legacies in each PC for the past 3 years.

This PNM REQUIRED early Fall semester disclosure will prepare next Spring 2021 non-legacy PNMs the "realistic slim-chance of a bid" from the top 6 sororities. Hopefully preventing another Springtime of newly shocked GDIs.

By: Sadly Accurate
by: So sadJun 25, 2020 10:33:43 PM

But, true....

By: So sad
by: Really!...?Jun 26, 2020 11:50:36 AM

Specifically WHEN in the Fall semester will the PNM REQUIRED full disclosure report listing each sorority and number of legacies in each PC for the past 3 years be released to us.

The specific date and time and where we can get our copy.
No Fall Legacy Report, No PNMs for the Spring recruitment.
SMU Panhellenic has the data now and can release this PNM required report at time....

By: Really!...?
by: not usJun 26, 2020 2:52:01 PM

I submitted my sorority's report to Panhellenic and nowhere did it ask for number of legacies pledged. The only place I had to submit that to is my own sorority. I don't even think my sisters know how many we pledged.

By: not us
by: Spring 2021 PNMJun 26, 2020 3:55:27 PM

Each sorority can easily release their number of legacies in each Spring PC for the past 3 years. An October 1st, 2020 Sorority Legacy Disclosure Report release deadline would meet the Spring 2021 PNMs mandate. If not, expect a very large number of us to drop from Spring recruitment by Halloween.

DISCLOSE or CLOSE.

By: Spring 2021 PNM
by: prezzieJun 26, 2020 8:05:45 PM

To the so-called Spring 2021 pnm: Oh, help! Oh, please don't drop! Oh, no, we will immediately do your bidding!

Loser, you're probably a guy.

By: prezzie
#3  by: !   

i would say it really depends on how you are in person, but from what u tell us i would say i think theta and kappa would offer you a bid

By: !
#4  by: umm   

i’m about 99 percent sure thus is another salty mom post.

By: umm
by: yupJun 26, 2020 12:14:02 PM

she’s still concerned about the pkt high schoolers

By: yup
by: mustangJun 26, 2020 1:24:34 PM

It's that same troll who copies and pastes the same crap month after month, probably not even a mom. Required report,my ass.

By: mustang
#5  by: smooo   

PKT takes 10-15 legacy girls tops. It’s honestly all about who you know. If you become best friends with those girls first semester you will most likely get a bid. Nothing is ever guaranteed but don’t sit around and wait for them to talk to you, reach out to them. Also if you don’t get along with those girls, don’t push to be in a house like that. You will be much happier in a house where you actually like the girls.

By: smooo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.