facebook

Recommendation Letters

by: rush

I know recommendation letters aren't mandatory for some chapters but if you chose to give them some, does it actually help your chances or are they overlooked.

Posted By: rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hey babe   

Letters of rec don't necessarily help you with the top houses but not having any pretty much guarantees you'll be dropped unless you're a legacy or super sought after.

By: Hey babe
by: rushMay 17, 2020 9:00:48 PM

So even if it's a friend of your moms, you'd rather have that recommendation than none, right?

By: rush
by: DollMay 17, 2020 10:04:16 PM

Yes you can get a rec from anyone and it’ll count.

By: Doll
by: YESMay 19, 2020 9:14:58 AM

That is what the majority of people do anyways. You want to have at LEAST one letter of rec for every sorority, you can get your mom to post on Facebook asking for some and you can do the same. That’s what me and all my friends are doing

By: YES
#2  by: Truth   

Yes, get those recs! But don’t stress out if you can’t get them all.

By: Truth
by: TRUE RealityMay 25, 2020 5:37:32 PM

Sororities 1-3 bid 85-95% to legacies ONLY.
Sororities 4-6 bid 70-85% to legacies ONLY.
Sorority 7 bids to 85% of PNMs.
Sorority 8 bids to 100% of PNMs.

SMU's Top 6 Sororities are almost a CLOSED LEGACY Society.
Spring Recruitment is a FARCE for most NON-LEGACY PNMs.

By: TRUE Reality
by: Sadly AccurateMay 25, 2020 8:36:54 PM

This Spring 2020 recruitment was another WELCOME CEREMONY for legacies. Panhellenic MUST fully disclose the truthful legacy-filled recruitment results. Listing each sorority and number of legacies in each PC for the past 3 years.

This early Fall semester disclosure will prepare next Spring 2021 PNMs the realistic slim-chance of a bid from the top 6 sororities. Hopefully preventing another Springtime of newly shocked GDIs.

By: Sadly Accurate

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.