facebook

smu or tcu.

by: 2025

Trying to decide between TCU & SMU. They seem similar. What are the differences & similarities?

Posted By: 2025
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ⚓️⚓️⚓️   

TCU is for SMU and UT rejects who want better Greek life than A&M or Texas Tech.

By: ⚓️⚓️⚓️
by: ?Mar 18, 2020 10:20:07 AM

ouch!

By: ?
by: lolMar 18, 2020 11:30:01 PM

That’s not true, I got into both schools and really liked TCU. I also got rejected from UT. I came here because I just liked that Dallas is a big city and I got a better scholarship. Most kids that go to TCU and SMU got into both schools so cut the entitlement. There’s enough of that on this campus

By: lol
by: Pony ChimpMar 24, 2020 4:34:47 AM

TCU acceptance rate 41% / SMU acceptance rate 49% - sorry Ponies.

By: Pony Chimp
by: ^ UT Troll AttacksMar 24, 2020 10:36:05 AM

This is a UT TROLL attacking SMU.

Do not know what triggered him to start this..
Must have been denied employment by an SMU Grad.

If these posts persist, return the favor on the UT Austin site.

By: ^ UT Troll Attacks
by: UT TrollMar 24, 2020 3:14:08 PM

Yes, I am the UT Troll (if it makes you feel better) presenting objective information that you quite obviously don’t approve of. Hook-em Horns! Does that make you feel better?

By: UT Troll
by: UT TrollMar 24, 2020 3:14:16 PM

Yes, I am the UT Troll (if it makes you feel better) presenting objective information that you quite obviously don’t approve of. Hook-em Horns! Does that make you feel better?

#2  by: lol    

actually smu is for ut and a&m rejects who want to justify they are better just because they pay for an expensive school

By: lol
by: Your funnyMar 20, 2020 4:25:59 PM

Smu is a better overall school than a&m besides engineering

By: Your funny
#3  by: true   

Texas has 3 top universities: Rice, UT Austin, SMU.

Then the middle tiers: Baylor, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Univ. of Houston, University of North Texas.

The remaining: Stephen F Austin, Texas State, UTA-D etc, Lamar and so on....

Lets support them all.

By: true
by: OKMar 24, 2020 4:30:34 AM

Laughable. SMU acceptance percentage is like 10 points higher than Baylor & TCU!! Much much easier to gain acceptance there (don’t believe me - google it). I would venture to guess that it is higher than most if not all on the list. Top Tier? In their dreams. I would also not put UT anywhere close to Rice. It stands alone in Texas. But UT is most DEFINITELY better than SMU. SMU is a low level regional university that rests on faded glories of the 1980s - kind of sad really. But if that is what you want, hey by all means apply (I mean they only take 50% of applicants LOL).

By: OK
by: Pony ChimpMar 24, 2020 4:32:50 AM

SMU has zero name recognition outside of the Dallas metroplex. It is a non-entity really. But they did have some great football teams in the 1980s that were caught cheating - then their football program was shut down. Kudos.

By: Pony Chimp
by: Local CollegeMar 24, 2020 3:17:35 PM

SMU is a great local college if that is what you are looking for. They are well known in the Dallas metroplex. I think most people in Dallas have heard of it. Outside of Dallas, not so much.

By: Local College
by: Rice???Mar 24, 2020 3:20:34 PM

SMU on par with Rice? This must be a joke poll. No sane person would not put LBJ Freeway College (aka SMU) anywhere in the vicinity of Rice, let alone UT. It’s a good local college. That is about it. Go Ponies!!

By: Rice???
#4  by: ^ UT Troll Attacks   

This is a UT TROLL attacking SMU.

Do not know what triggered him to start this..
Must have been denied employment by an SMU Grad.

If these posts persist, return the favor on the UT Austin site.

By: ^ UT Troll Attacks
by: UT TrollMar 24, 2020 3:09:51 PM

Yes, I am a UT troll (convenient). Really? Is that your blanket defense to objective data? Call me what you will, but facts are facts. Perhaps, I should say “hook-em horns” to help your case. There you go. That Pony Express was one of the better professional teams in college sports 50 years ago or so. Wow! BTW, I think UT (A) is your peer group. So, perhaps I am a UTA troll - whatever floats your boat. Enjoy that name recognition in the greater Dallas area. LOL

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.