facebook

public school girls

by: babyyyy

Over the past few years, every pkt pledge class has been pretty much completely private school girls. This year, two public school girls surprisingly got bids to one of the top 3 (one in kappa and one in theta. Pi phi had all private school girls). Does going to public school and wealth really hurt you when it comes to getting a bid to pkt? I really want to know how these sororitys analyze girls and decide what makes them unworthy.

Posted By: babyyyy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: babyyyy   

I forgot to mention that every public school girl that has gotten into one of the top 3 went to a very ritzy school in a wealthy area. Highland Park, Mountain Brook, Lake Forest, Southlake etc. I have never seen a girl who attended an average, middle class public school get a bid to pkt. Why is this????? Does it have to do with wealth or is it coincidence????

By: babyyyy
#2  by: yo   

Who cares?

By: yo
by: Screw youFeb 1, 2020 8:51:00 PM

This site is for discussions and I can ask whatever questions I want. If you don’t have an answer for what I post, then don’t respond at all you idiot.

By: Screw you
#3  by: rich private schooler   

Did you see a list of every new member's school?

By: rich private schooler
#4  by: Nope   

Patently false.

By: Nope
#5  by: Facts   

Nobody has handy a list of the high schools of sororities' new member classes, so this poster is just making something up to have something to post about. But just for facts' sake, pnm's who already have some personal tie to the members have the advantage, meaning actives in a sorority know them personally or know of them from other close connections. This is from schools, summer camps, neighborhoods, friends of friends, etc. Any potential member like this is a better candidate than a stranger. Sororities don't deem certain pnm's as 'unworthy' from where they are from, it's just that pnm's with ties are more desirable. If a sorority cuts you don't take it personally. You have not been 'analyzed' and found 'unworthy,' it's just that other girls are a better fit, and it could be because they already have ties there. Awesome public school girl with connections who has enough money to participate in sorority life - yes. Unknown girl who is pretty, outgoing, nicely dressed, good resume, private school with no personal connections - maybe.

By: Facts
#6  by: Oh no   

Queue the triggered crazy mom...

By: Oh no
#7  by: Alum   

Yeah, this was true when I was in a sorority at SMU. Girls from the middle class high schools in the Dallas area did not pledge PKT. There were a couple of exceptions...girls who were legacies or somehow very well connected.

When you are an active on the other side of recruitment you learn where pnms are from, what high schools they went to.

By: Alum
#8  by: This   

This is just falSe. I know more than 2 that got into theta alone

By: This
#9  by: 😊   

πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹

By: 😊

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.