facebook

spring transfer students .....forget it

by: Wow

Obviously the lists were made in the fall. Panhellenic needs to come clean with spring entry students that NO one will pay any attention to your interest in rushing and maybe consider next year. Total waste of time and effort.

Posted By: Wow
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

I agree with this! the connections you make in the fall and all the events really set you up pretty well... as a spring student myself i understand:( but sophomore isn’t terrible

By: .
by: agreed Jan 17, 2020 3:33:20 AM

can someone explain why this is the way it is???? like I don’t understand. I get that they would want a girl they have known for 6+ months in fall rather than a girl they just met but

By: agreed
#2  by: Wow   

Notice how no one from SMU is commenting on the rigged rush system at SMU and how they’ve deceived spring transfer students? UT for fall rush is very appealing at this point rather than another year at SMU. No one who can afford SMU would consider suffering through another year at SMU to go through spring recruitment again in 2021. SMU has a once dropped always dropped policy, so why would a spring transfer student bother.

By: Wow
by: HonestlyJan 17, 2020 7:32:51 AM

Why would anyone pay this much money to go to SMU?? It’s not academically superior and has the reputation of a school for spoiled rich kids who couldn’t get in anywhere else. UTX, Texas A&M, Rice, Baylor, TCU.... are all superior schools with excellent reputations. SMU is for kids who don’t actually need Jobs after college.

By: Honestly
by: Greetings from AustinJan 12, 2022 7:18:54 PM

Uh, don't just assume you can transfer to UT. It is no secret that most students at SMU would not get admitted to UT. We have high standards. Simply driving a nice car is not one of them.

TCU, perhaps?

By: Greetings from Austin
by: ?Jan 13, 2022 11:23:15 AM

Not true. I know a sophomore who is going through a second time. Got 8 out of 8 houses back today. Had been dropped by most of those houses in last years recruitment.

By: ?
by: Ha ! 😄Jan 13, 2022 11:46:33 AM

That soph is b'n played.
Must b 1 of the few sophs required 2 b nvited back.
W8 until prefs.
MAJOR CUTS. 😮

By: Ha ! 😄
#3  by: .   

is the once dropped always dropped thing true? I saw some gorgeous girls in the spring get dropped.... why? it’s sucks because it’ll be a lonely semester. can’t one rush during fall as a sophomore???

By: .
by: HmDec 29, 2021 12:03:04 AM

Anyone know this?

By: Hm
by: pony upJan 12, 2022 1:45:10 PM

not true. so many trolls here

By: pony up
by: ?Jan 12, 2022 4:39:52 PM

No, it is not true.

by: ?Jan 13, 2022 11:25:17 AM

Oops, look above to my post. Replied to wrong post. But not true

#4  by: 2018 Repost 😖   

Posted in 2018.

We see PanHELLenic paid Greek Rank to REMOVE the GDI Terrible Week Post. The points made on that Post were read by over 400 viewers. Lets all hope there will be changes made to the manipulated recruiting process next year.

The major factual points were as follows:

The University in 2015 moved the full tuition refund date to the week before the final results were announced. Any freshman wanting out of the University after receiving her rush results would be subject to a 10% cut to her tuition and housing refund.

Keep in mind most freshmen do not have cars on campus so they would have to get their parents to drive to Dallas in their large SUV on snow / ice filled roads to pack and move her out. We just learned the University requires the student to be out of her dorm by Friday, January 26th at 5pm, a short 5 days after receiving her rush results, to prevent losing 50% of her housing refund. Extending the deadline through the weekend was Not Allowed to give parents time to drive to Dallas. A premeditated captive strategy to keep these 225+ newly shocked GDIs at SMU for the Spring semester. EVIL.

Most of the newly shocked GDIs were encouraged to proceed with COB to find a possible opening. Only sorority 7 & 8 were involved in COB this week. These were the sororities most were Not Interested In. Once realized of the GDI reality, it was Wednesday, far too late to transfer to another university or to ask your parents the short notice to make the dangerous wintery drive to Dallas.

It was pointed out that a vast majority of the top 6 sorority PCs were pre-determined. Only a few true openings were actually available to the non-connected. Fall Sophomore rush is very similar to COB. Only sorority 7 & 8 usually take pledges. Those Sophomores that go through recruitment a second time in the Spring are usually cut early and are given bids from sorority 7 & 8 again. Once cut always cut. Sorority 7 may cut you as a sophomore.

Pretty depressing. Tonight, my roommate and many of the newly pledged girls are out at sorority parties. The 10 -12 newly GDIs on our floor are studying or watching the Shopping Network. We did nothing to deserve this social isolation. Just obeyed the recruitment rules and trusted the top 6 sororities with their verbal bid encouragement. We are stuck here as social outcasts by design of the University and PanHELLenic.

By: 2018 Repost 😖
by: haJan 13, 2022 8:43:24 AM

"snow and icepacked roads"? Please get over yourself.

By: ha
#5  by: Haha   

There is a sophomore using a recruitment advisor that is blabbing on tiktok about how well her girl going through as a sophomore is found.

If you transferred here second semester either you didn’t get in for fall or you fell through recruitment somewhere else.

By: Haha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.