facebook

depledging after accepting a bid

by: pnm

Does depledging a sorority you received a bid from ruin your chances of rushing again next year?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Smu   

If you ran home yes, people will talk about it

By: Smu
by: Well...Jan 16, 2020 2:10:25 PM

It depends what house you ran home to, what your expectations are for next year, and how much the girls in your desired house like you and will fight for you.

By: Well...
#2  by: Me   

Here’s the thing: SMU has deferred rush. The actives have been watching and getting to know the PNM’s since August, in addition to rush week. So if you drop and decide to re-rush next year, you need to think really damn hard about why you think you’d have better results next year. Some chapters on campus have a “once cut, always cut” policy nationally so you won’t be eligible for a “do-over” with those.

It’s highly likely that the bid you got is you’re only chance to be Greek at SMU. The better option is to make the most of getting to know your new sisters and making friends. Drop before initiation if you’re still not feeling it, but only drop if you gave it your all AND you recognize the odds are stacked against a successful sophomore re-rush.

By: Me
by: hang onJan 16, 2020 7:35:22 PM

Mostly correct, but no national sorority has a once cut, always cut policy. Chapters may have it and they will say they do so as to not have to deal with a pnm again, but it is certainly not any national's policy.

By: hang on
by: PNMJan 17, 2020 3:19:27 AM

hi, is this true for spring freshman that we’re admitted to the spring and weren’t here in the fall? I didn’t have a great experience like a few other small girls who rushed who were new faces, my friends from fall told me to wait for sophomore year because I will get to know the girls

By: PNM
by: Re-Rush, Sorority 8Jan 17, 2020 5:07:26 AM

Newly Shocked GDIs,

"Fall Recruitment" means Sororities 7 & 8

As you get in-line for the Panhellenic Desk after being cut by your top prefs, be prepared for the following Panhellenic comments:

"open-minded" means Sororities 7 & 8
"COB" means Sororities 7 & 8
"Fall Recruitment" means Sororities 7 & 8
"stupid rankings" means Sororities 7 & 8
"second-round sophomore recruitment" means Sorority 8

Harsh Facts....

By: Re-Rush, Sorority 8
#3  by: ^   

I have friends whose daughters dropped as freshmen and re-rushed the next year under separate quota for sophomores. They went to the mixers of sororities, lunches, etc., with the actives who invited them during the fall of their soph year. One got XO and another Piphi as sophs. Is there still a separate quota for sophomores? This was several years ago.

By: ^
#4  by: #   

It didn’t seem so this year. Someone depledged last year from my house, Was on her phone crying and she rushed this spring and got the house she truly wanted. And was again crying bec she got the house she wants. Depends on who you suck up too.

By: #

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.