facebook

how did a girl from out-of-state get into kappa?

by: beccastev4949

Hi! A friend of mine's older sister goes to SMU and I just saw that she is now in Kappa. From looking at this site and things online, it seemed like Kappa only took legacies and girls in the Dallas area who are "known." This girl I know is from NY/CT area so I'm a little confused on how she got into Kappa being that she doesn't have any connections to Dallas or SMU's Kappa. And then I looked at her Instagram and saw that all of her friends she's met at SMU also are in Kappa now. It all just seems so weird bc I thought Kappa was like an impossible house to get into.

If anyone has any insight on how this girl got into Kappa from out-of-state, let me know!

Posted By: beccastev4949
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ???   

lol what.. max 30% of kappa is from texas??

that girl probably knew older people from home and then made friends first semester

By: ???
by: Ha !Jan 15, 2020 9:26:57 PM

kappa always takes 55 or more legacies each year.
If you are not a legacy or from a famous family from Texas, then you are a big contributor to the chapter. $$$ = a kappa bid.

By: Ha !
#2  by: Well   

She must have stood out as someone shallow and void of feelings.

By: Well
#3  by: baby   

Almost everyone who pledged kappa was out of state LOL

By: baby
#4  by: baby   

Smu is a private school so in and out of state don't really matter. Location matters at schools like Bama or Auburn because they do fall rush, so who you know prior to freshman year determines whether you'll pledge top tier or not. With deferred rush you have a chance to make a name for yourself without being judged for not being from a certain area or going to a certain high school. 99% of pkt girls went to private school though (ironic).

By: baby

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.