facebook

do you have to be rich to be in the top 3

by: freshman

I'm interested in kappa, pi phi, and theta (and equally interested in the others), but I'm on scholarship. I dress nicely but I can't afford things like a Gucci bag. Will they judge me for that?

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: smu   

Hate to say it but they will definitely notice

By: smu
#2  by: de   

yes and no. it's not as much about how cash you have but how you will fit into a PC's personality/lifestyle

at any school the gucci bag type of girls will hang together, even if they all aren't from the same background. if that's your friend group and you would really fit in with the personalities, you're fine, but for most people it's not and thats ok

By: de
#3  by: Lamar   

Yes you do

By: Lamar
#4  by: smu   

no you don't

#5  by: Honesty   

Please look up how much dues are for those houses. It's available via Panhellenic. I'm sorry to say this but part of recruitment is recruiting girls who will pay dues for all 4 years. If that's not something that's really feasible for you than that would impact your experiences. Also, there are additional costs to being in a sorority outside dues, like for formals, big little and living in house.

I just don't want you to rush, join a house then have it be something you can't do because you aren't able to do it financially. And some houses can help with scholarships, but that's more for girls who are already members who run into hardships, not PNMs in my experience.

By: Honesty
by: yepOct 6, 2019 9:46:46 AM

I've already talked to my parents and they're willing to pay the dues (my mom was in a sorority not at SMU so she knows the financial commitment). I'm just concerned about the whole "image" because a lot of them seem to where big labels and I can't afford those and I'm afraid of being rejected based on that.

By: yep
by: MeningitisOct 9, 2019 6:11:21 PM

You should be more concerned with knowing the difference between “wear” and “where”

By: Meningitis
by: wowOct 11, 2019 11:36:42 PM

It was obviously a typo. Maybe don't judge someone you've never met based on GreekRank posts.

By: wow
by: ^Oct 12, 2019 12:53:48 PM

LOL "don't judge someone you've never met based on GreekRank posts" yeah that's really profound considering the entire reason for this site

By: ^
#6  by: smu   

Nobody is going to judge you based on what luxury brands you wear, and if they do they aren’t the right house for you anyways!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.