facebook

new chapter

by: :)

Hi!! After meeting with an member of the greek life staff, one of the steps that needs to be taken is gathering interest in the SMU student body! Wether you are currently in a house or not, I would love it if y’all would take 2 minutes and fill this out! SMU is an amazing school and we have a great greek life here, and it would amazing if we could allow 50/60 more girls a chance to run home! I do not like this website, but after reading other posts of people wanting a new house, this was the only place I could think of to post it!!
It won’t let me link the form, but email smunewchapter@gmail.com for it! It is possible to bring a new house to campus, but there needs to be students saying they are ready to join! So please fill this out:)

Posted By: :)
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Pledge Class   

What's the difference in those 50/60 girls running home to a new chapter or running home to an already established one that wanted them but they thought they were too good for?

By: Pledge Class
by: teaApr 5, 2019 12:05:57 PM

This 100 percent. There's no point in establishing a new chapter if girls are going to be too pretentious to want to join

By: tea
by: ^ yes yes yesApr 5, 2019 2:01:52 PM

Agree. PNM's decide to drop for the wrong reason. If they all stayed in rush and accepted bids where they were wanted, they would end up together anyway. They don't need a new sorority for the same outcome. Great girls make great houses, not the other way around.

By: ^ yes yes yes
by: kolApr 15, 2019 5:55:26 PM

That being said, how many of you joined a house you didn't have anything in common with just because it kept showing up on your schedule? I'll wait.

By: kol
by: In CommonApr 16, 2019 10:51:59 AM

All our chapters have memberships of over 150, each full of smart, beautiful, fun, social, and very involved SMU girls. If you think you "didn't have anything in common" with a group like this, especially within your new member class, the problem is with you and your attitude.

By: In Common
by: wrongApr 16, 2019 9:02:13 PM

girls drop houses for many different reasons and houses drop girls for many different reasons. The reason a girl chooses to drop a house is just as valid as a house choosing to drop a girl. To ppl commenting on this and saying that we should just join the house that still on our schedule, is discounting their feelings and emotional connection with the different houses and girls. Going Greek is a big financial and emotional commitment, and every girl deserves the “gut” feeling of this is home, and if it takes brining more chapters to achieve this, than the more the merrier! To the ppl saying people who dropped “think they are too good”, it’s not fun not having a homecoming experience one thought they would, with rock the vote and floats, it’s painful to not be invited to certain events because of not having letters. Rush is mutual selection, and the selection on both sides of it matter. I would encourage every girl at SMU to be for brining a new chapter, because why do we want to keep girls from having the same “gut” feeling of home and sisterhood that other girls get to have. To girls in current chapters saying if all the PNM’s who dropped join the said chapter it would change... would you want girls coming into your house and changing it? No! thats the beauty of having different houses, each offer their own unique experience and mix of personalities! Girls are still joining said chapter and are loving it, so let’s be happy for them and their PC! This is long but as someone in the greek community, I want to other girls to get the chance to run home and I hope others would want that for this classmates as well!

By: wrong

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.