facebook

sophomore rush

by: SMU

Is rush really that much easier for sophomores re rushing? Seems like that’s the case but hard to believe when it seems so many sophomores are re rushing and all want the same few houses.

Posted By: SMU
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

Rush is way harder as a sophomore... unless you knew literally no one the first time and then try again knowing everyone in the house/got super pretty, most houses that cut you once will cut you again. I would try to be happy with where you end up as a freshman because second try is no easier

By: no
#2  by: Wrong   

Almost everyone I know who rushed again had a worse experience. Unless you’re best best best friends with the sorority president and more than 10 girls there is no way you’ll get a bid second time around. Each sorority only has like 5 spots for rerushing sophomores since first tine rushing sophomores get priority.

While there are positive stories, when over 100 girls rerush only like 10 get their dream house. So long story short, whatever house gives you a bid freshman year is the one who will give it to you sophomore year.

Every sorority experience is honestly what you make it. I’ll just say I’m in a more “studious” sorority but I since everyone at SMU has a fake if you don’t have a ton of spring mixers I’d just go out to uptown with my friends. You’re life is not limited to your sorority.

By: Wrong
by: NickiSep 10, 2018 8:12:18 PM

Which sorority is the "studious" one that you referred to?

By: Nicki
by: Studious DefinedSep 11, 2018 2:05:00 PM

Studious Sororities with limited to no social life: Sororities 6-8.
They meet most of their dates/bfs at Greenville Ave. bars and clubs.

Only Sororities 1-5 enjoy the True SMU Greek Social Life.
These 5 sororities are mostly for SMU Legacies ONLY.

It is a closed society that enjoys making outsiders suffer through their recruitment, a "Welcome Reception" mostly for their legacies.

By: Studious Defined
by: ^Sep 11, 2018 5:08:35 PM

It's that same bitter troll again.

By: ^
#3  by: rush   

it all depends on how many people drop out of rush the year before bc each house has a sophomore quota and have to take a certain amount of sophomores in each new pledge class. but, you have to really be liked by all of the girls in the house or your odds of getting exactly what you want are low

By: rush
by: ^Sep 11, 2018 5:27:15 PM

This is not exactly true. Upperclassmen quota is an upper limit during formal recruitment, not a required minimum. It is figured the same way primary quota is: the number of upperclassmen attending prefs divided by eight sororities = quota. Houses that take upperclassmen fall semester through COB can do so if they are below campus chapter total, because people graduate and take internships or study abroad for the semester so membership takes a dip and gives them some spots. COB in fall has nothing to do with upperclassmen quota during formal recruitment, and the number of drops in previous recruitment has nothing to do with anything and there are no saved spots for sophomores. The real issue is that if a house dropped you the previous year, they are not likely to take you the next year unless you made best friends with a lot of actives. If you didn't like the houses you had last time you aren't really going to have a different experience the second time around.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.