facebook

different type of ranking

by: Senior

Tried to be as fair as I could to all houses, and tried to make the personalities of the houses clearer for Freshman. At the end of the day everyone can be happy in every house, and what every person prioritizes in a sorority is different.

Most Involved on Campus: Delta Gamma, ChiO, Alpha Chi, Gamma Phi
Most Social: Theta, Kappa, Pi Phi, Tri-Delt

Based off 2019 Panhellenic Guide:
Most Money Raised For Philanthropy: Alpha Chi, Chi O, TriDelt, Theta
Most Volunteer Hours Done: Chi Omega, Gamma Phi, Pi Phi, Delta Gamma
Highest GPA (Both Semesters Averaged): DG, ChiO, AXO and TriDelt tied

Based off Past Wins:
Loves Homecoming: AXO, ChiO, Theta
Loves SingSong: AXO, ChiO, Tridelt, GPHI,

Based off current executive boards and from my observations (could be wrong):
Most Lyle Majors: Tridelt, Gamma Phi, AXO
Most Meadows Majors: ChiO, Gamma Phi, Alpha Chi
Most Cox Majors: TriDelt, ChiO, Theta, Delta Gamma
Traditionally Most Southern: Kappa, ChiO
Traditionally Most Californian: Theta, Pi Phi, Delta Gamma
Most Diverse: Gamma Phi, Delta Gamma, Alpha Chi

After SMU:
Lots of Dallas Alumni Involvement: Kappa, ChiO, Theta, Pi Phi
Nationally Largest Sorority (By members): Chi-O, Theta, TriDelt, Kappa
Nationally Largest Sorority (By Chapters): Gamma Phi, Chi O, Delta Gamma
Nationally Very Philanthropic: Delta Gamma, Tri-Delta, Chi-Omega
Lots of Nationwide Alumni: Theta, Kappa, Pi Phi, Gamma Phi
Lots of West/East Coast Alumni: Delta Gamma
Lots of Southern Alumni: Chi-Omega
Lots of Midwest Alumni: Alpha Chi

Please feel free to correct if you think any of this is wrong, but I tried to paint a fair and accurate picture of SMU sororities.

Good luck ladies during recruitment!

Posted By: Senior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

This ^^^

By: Yes
#2  by: DISCLOSURE REQUEST   

There are potentially 750 PNMs this Spring.
There are 8 active sororities.
The Top 5 are the most in demand offering the true SMU Greek Life.
Each sorority has @60 pledges each Spring.
Meaning, 750 PNMs for 480 pledge openings.
Approximately 300 pledge openings for the Top 5 sororities.
The Top 5 pledge classes consist largely of Chapter legacies.
The top 5 sororities may have less than 10 openings each for non legacies.
Great effort will be given to corral PNMs into sororities 6-8.
This includes COB in the Spring and Fall for sororities 6-8.

If you are a non-legacy PNM, you MUST pay attention to the university's tuition and housing refund deadline timeline for the Spring semester. You will find there will be little or no time after Pref Day to drop from the university and move out before the 50% refund deadline.

A discouraged freshman PNM who drops from recruitment will find herself stuck in the university taking Spring classes that will NOT transfer to her new university. Also, the isolation from the sorority cliques that quickly develop will leave you with many lonely nights in your dorm room.

As you have read, sophomore recruitment is even more difficult. That is why over 200 PNMs dropped out of last years recruitment and transferred to new universities their sophomore year.

Before you dedicate time, money and effort to rush the Top 5 sororities, ask them to FULLY DISCLOSE the number of non-legacies in their past pledge class. If thy refuse, move on to other sororities or drop out of recruitment and consider transferring to another less legacy based cliquish university in the Spring.\n\n\n\n\n

By: DISCLOSURE REQUEST
by: ^ luv it !Sep 3, 2018 2:48:43 PM

Let these 2018 SMU Freshmen PNMs be aware of the very limited Musical Chairs Game they are entering called "recruitment". Non-legacies will be competing over the @ 40-50 pledge openings that are available to them in the top 5 sororities.

For sororities 1-5, SMU recruitment is a "Welcome Reception" for their legacies. These 5 sororities enjoy the true SMU Greek Life Experience. The remaining 3 sororities go through similar Chapter tasks, rituals and requirements with a far more limited social life.

Truth finally be told.

By: ^ luv it !
by: ^Sep 3, 2018 7:20:56 PM

We can tell it's still you, troll. Commented and then commented on your comment. You need to get this pathetic cancer out of your brain before it kills you. Move on with your life!

By: ^
by: OMGSep 4, 2018 6:22:22 PM

You really need to help yourself and get into therapy.

By: OMG
by: Fall 2018 PNMSep 4, 2018 7:23:36 PM

She must continue to tell us the truth. It appears everything she mentioned above is correct. All of the Fall 2018 PNMs are concerned about the legacy controlled top 5 sororities.

The attack posts on her want to avoid the truthful comments about recruitment. These attack posts must be from sororities that want recruitment as usual. We want to be prepared in case we need to drop from recruitment and possibly the university.

By: Fall 2018 PNM
by: ^Sep 4, 2018 7:28:02 PM

We can still tell it's you. Using "she" doesn't hide yourself.

By: ^
#3  by: Panhell   

I can assure you this family is no longer here at SmU and hopefully seeking some psychiatric help on wht appears to be an obsessive compulsive and narcissistic disorder that is perpetuated by the fact that she was cut from the sororieties of her choice.
The behavior of said, bears no real facts or truths on our Greek life here at SMU. I invite all Pnm’s to stop by Panhellenic Office and see for yourself.

By: Panhell
#4  by: West Coast Alumnae   

Good post. I would just point out in California and Arizona (where I come from) there is a huge alumnae pressence of DG and Gamma Phi.

By: West Coast Alumnae
#5  by: West Coast Alumnae   

...sorry, you already mentioned DG.

By: West Coast Alumnae
#6  by: I don't get it   

Anyone who transfers colleges because they didn't get into a particular sorority needs to rethink their priorities. Maybe the 200 alleged cuts should hang out together instead of being lonely in their dorm rooms.

By: I don't get it
#7  by: hilarious!   

"The Top 5 are the most in demand offering the true SMU Greek Life." I can't even believe she said that. All sororities and all fraternities offer the true SMU Greek life. Not just the ones that her daughter wasn't good enough for.

By: hilarious!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.