facebook

sisterhood and service

by: nickname

Hey ya'll! So i'm going to SMU for theatre next year and I'm super pumped but I'm really kinda scared about the social scene. I know that I will fit in with all the artsy kids at Meadows but I don't just want to be labelled "that theatre girl" you know? I want to be friends with everyone. and I've thought about joining a sorority for a while now and think i want to do it at smu. But obviously I have heard all the stereotypes about sororities but I'm just looking for sisterhood. I like the idea of sisterhood. And also I plan on joining the peace corps after college so I really want to join one that is also really involved in the community? I know that it is different for everyone but is there a sorority that is particularly focused on sorority and building good relationships and also just service to the community??

Posted By: nickname
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: smu   

look into gamma phi beta. they have a lot of meadows kids and are big with both sisterhood and service. good luck!

By: smu
#2  by: Agree   

Agreed. The houses with the most meadows kids are Gamma Phi, Alpha Chi, and Chi Omega.

By: Agree
#3  by: Me   

It sounds like you're SUPER service oriented. If so, you might prefer Alpha Phi Omega which is a national coed service fraternity with a chapter at SMU.

While each sorority has a Philanthropy it supports, the level of involvement varies by chapter and by member. Philanthropy is not the focus of most sorority members who typically joined for social / friendship reasons.

By: Me

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.