facebook

rush connections

by: Stang2017

I'm not from Texas and I do not know a single person at SMU, but I know that SMU is a great place. I want to know if you don't have any connections will it make rush hard for someone to get a bid.

Posted By: Stang2017
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Me   

High school connections aren't a big thing at SMU compared to schools like UT, A&M, etc where most PNM's are from in-state. My guess is that over half of our PNM's come to SMU not knowing anyone or more than a small handful of people since they're from out of state.

The time to make your connections is NOW. Be friendly and look presentable in class, your dorm, campus organizations, church, gym/studios, and literally any other place you could possibly have contact with actives. They are watching you already, so now is the time to make a great impression.

By: Me
#2  by: GreekAlumSMU   

I didn't know anyone when I first went to SMU from out of state and when I rushed I got a bid from my first and only pick. I would definitely go to all of the events so that way you get a chance to meet everyone and see if it's the right pick for you. I thought I wanted to be in a particular sorority but after spending time with them I realized how wrong that sonority was for me. I couldn't be happier with my sorority and sisters.

By: GreekAlumSMU
#3  by: GreekAlumSMU   

I didn't know anyone when I first went to SMU from out of state and when I rushed I got a bid from my first and only pick. I would definitely go to all of the events so that way you get a chance to meet everyone and see if it's the right pick for you. I thought I wanted to be in a particular sorority but after spending time with them I realized how wrong that sonority was for me. I couldn't be happier with my sorority and sisters.

Congrats and Pony Up!!! You're going to love it!!!!

By: GreekAlumSMU
#4  by: suggestion   

Come here and meet people and choose the people you like best. Stop worrying about connections and stuff.

By: suggestion

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.