facebook

what are the top sororities at smu

by: freshman

Hi! Im a going to be a freshman next year but I'm not from the south and no one from my high school has ever gone to SMU. Can anyone tell me a little bit about the different sororities and which ones are the most fun and nice! Thank you!! Pony up!

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: dont respond   

troll

By: dont respond
by: Grow up Jun 25, 2016 6:53:06 PM

All the sororities are great. Get involved in activities that interest you from day 1. The people you meet doing the things you like to do are the people you should choose to be friends with - both in and out of Greek life. And, If you want to be happy in your life don't ask other people to tell you who to be friends with or who to like and not like

By: Grow up
by: YesJun 27, 2016 10:16:01 PM

Yes, one persons top sorority is the bottom for another. They're all great, think for yourself and you will be a happier person

By: Yes
by: True Jul 16, 2016 12:29:35 AM

This is definitely true. What is important to you? Do you want to be associated with high achieving women? Do you care about grades? Is being the biggest partier your goal? Do you want to be in a sorority where everyone seems to look alike and think alike? Do you want to be in a group where people come from different places and have different perspectives? Do you value leadership positions on campus? Are you looking for a big career after college? Just looking for a husband? The best sorority is totally subjective, should be based on your values and up to you to decide. Give the girls in every sorority a chance, have fun, and make up your own mind.

By: True
#2  by: '   

Top tier: theta, pi phi, kappa
middle tier: tri delt, DG, chi o
bottom tier: gamma phi beta, a chi o

By: '
by: Well that's a jokeJul 15, 2016 10:37:47 PM

Any way you look at it, that's totally backward

By: Well that's a joke
by: DudeJul 16, 2016 3:13:01 AM

there's just no way you can put tri delt and dg in the same ball park

By: Dude
by: Top tierJul 16, 2016 11:33:58 AM

Top tier grades(for years)
Chio, alpha chi omega
DG, Theta, Gamma phi
The rest

Top tier campus leadership (for years)
Alpha Chi Omega, Chio, Dg, Gamma phi (student senate, foundation, Panhellenic, etc.)
The rest

Homecoming queen, Theta, chio, Alpha chi omega

Campus involvement
Top tier
Chio, Alpha Chi Omega, Dg (interchangeable)
Gamma phi
The rest

Homecoming intramurals
Varies by years
Last year Theta and Chio

Top tier partiers
Theta, pi phi, Tridelt
The rest

All amazing because all women are amazing

Decide what's important to you

By: Top tier
by: smumustangApr 25, 2018 2:47:09 PM

AFTER PC 18
“Top Tiers”
-Theta
-Kappa (but not really because of their scandal)
-Pi Phi

“Upper Middle”
-Tridelt

“Mid Tier”
-Chi O and DG

“Bottom”
-AXO
-GPhi

By: smumustang
by: ^^^Feb 25, 2019 7:34:01 PM

The list above is based on what the guys think, not what the girls think

By: ^^^
#3  by: sorority   

-What "top tier" said is somehat true except I would say tri delta is more involved/has better grades than gamma phi.
-I would also point out that gamma phi, dg, tri delt, and chi o have the best sisterhood in my opinion.
-sing song was won by tri delt, but I think theta tau & pi phi have both won in the recent past
-theta and tri delt won pike powderpuff
-DG won sigma chis derby days

By: sorority
by: Lots of good sororitiesJul 22, 2016 9:22:54 PM

Alpha Chi has just as good of a sisterhood as the others you mentioned. Lots of good choices

By: Lots of good sororities
by: all goodJul 22, 2016 9:26:35 PM

Yes, a girl would be lucky to be a part of any of those sororities

By: all good
by: UmmFeb 17, 2019 10:33:38 PM

While good intentioned from my perspective trident isn’t as academic or sisterhood oriented as the poster said. However, I think it’s important people realize has two very different cliques within tridelt. Half is very academic and genuine, but the half that only cares about partying and is very disgenuine tend to be a louder majority that you experience on campus. Just my personal experience I consider the involved and academic houses to be AXO, DG, ChiO, & Gphi, where the more socially oriented sorority to be Theta, Kappa, Pi Phi, and Tridelt. Obviously the academic houses party and the social houses study, but I think most would agree there are really just academic houses and social houses. While who you mix with depends on “tier” academic vs social is really the main difference.

By: Umm
#4  by: Concerned   

Alpha Chi has poor sisterhood. They will turn on you and the poor sisterhood is supported by their house advisor

By: Concerned
#5  by: Truth   

After pc ‘19
Rank
Pi phi
Kappa/Tri Delt
Theta (snapbids)
Chi o
Dg
Axo
Gphi

By: Truth
by: PsshFeb 17, 2019 10:22:59 AM

LOL okay tri delt. No matter what arbitrary order you try and rank them in, PKT will always be top 3. All three have amazing girls and are the most prestigious. Nice try tho!

By: Pssh
by: lolFeb 18, 2019 11:47:37 PM

Why does tri delt keep thinking they’re better than they are? Not above theta.

By: lol
by: EhMar 6, 2019 6:09:22 PM

Personally think though they had to give so many snap bids, what girls theta has in its pc are good. However still not good that they had to give so many snap bids. Tridelts pc was actually really good I would definitely say they’re not at the same level but getting very close to be there with PKT

By: Eh
by: lolMar 9, 2019 3:35:59 AM

the snap bids are still hotter than most sororities pc’s..

By: lol
#6  by: pony up   

order at the end of 2018-19 school year:
Top tier:
Theta
Pi Phi
Kappa (def dropped below pi phi)

Upper middle/ low top:
tri delt

Mid tier:
1.chi o
2. dg

low:
axo
gphi

By: pony up
by: mustangApr 19, 2019 10:21:32 PM

pretty much right. Except chi o definitely beat Tri Delt after this pc.

By: mustang
by: smooobetchApr 19, 2019 10:32:42 PM

Kappa didn't fall below pi phi, both got exactly who they wanted in their pledge classes. If anything theta has fallen with snap bids because people are realizing that they are actually mean girls who haze. Overall though kappa and theta are technically considered by panhel to be the top houses at smu based on retention rates during rush. While that might change next year bc of the snap bids, pi phi is just recovering from the same situation 2 years ago.

By: smooobetch
#7  by: Misssss   

For sure it is Pi Phi and Kappa. Chi-O jumped Theta 2 years ago. Theta was giving out so many snap bids they delayed pref day by 2 hours and everybody knew it and they still did not make quota.

By: Misssss
#8  by: Ok   

There is no way DG is at all close to Tri Delt and Chio. They get middle tier fraternities cancelling mixers with them when Tri Delt and chio mix with everyone except for the bottom (which Tri Delt still mixes with bottom)

By: Ok
#9  by: fax   

top: theta, pi phi, kappa
middle: tri delt, chi o
lower middle: DG
bottom: axo, gphi

going into spring rush 2021 these are the widely accepted “correct” rankings. but also i guess it’s up to personal opinion and good/bad experiences with anyone

By: fax

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.