facebook

unhappy in sorority???

by: Advice

What should I do if I'm not happy in my sorority? I really wish I'd of gotten a bid somewhere else, I just don't feel like I fit in. I've given it a shot and now I'm afraid if I rush again I won't get a bid at all

Posted By: Advice
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :/   

If you aren't happy at this point, I would try and drop before you're initiated and can't rush again. Even if you don't get a bid if you try and go out for recruitment again, not being in any sorority at all is better than shelling out tons of money and giving up tons of time for an org that you aren't happy in.

By: :/
#2  by: :/   

also, i'm interested to know which sorority you're in, if you don't mind sharing? and why you feel like you don't fit in? your input could help both that sorority learn how to better accommodate new members AND help other people who might be feeling similarly! it doesn't have to be mean spirited!

By: :/
#3  by: Hey   

I need more details to help answer your question!

By: Hey
#4  by: Hm   

If you weren't initiated yet then maybe you should talk to a sister you feel is easy going and nice. Most girls will give you an honest opinion because in the end they want you to be happy. How did you treat your new member process? Were you outgoing? Did you put forth lots of effort to meet people and be involved? I find that often girls who don't put themselves out there to make friends end up unhappy

By: Hm
by: HmFeb 23, 2016 8:11:16 PM

I greatly disagree with this....and the rhetoric seems almost victim-blaming in nature which isn't very productive. There is no way you can know for sure that you found the perfect fit after only less than a week getting to know the sorority...sometime mismatches happen and it's better to acknowledge that sooner rather than later as to refrain from wasting time and money.

By: Hm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.