facebook

pnms: who are you most excited for?

by: curious

With Spring Recruitment right around the corner, I am interested in knowing which sororities PNMs are most excited to meet, whether due to social media presence, open houses, or personal experience. This doesn't have to be hostile towards anyone, it would just be interesting to see who has been marketing themselves well leading up to the big week!

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :)   

Phi Sig and axid!

By: :)
by: OPJan 7, 2016 11:24:41 AM

whatdya think after meeting everyone first round??

By: OP
#2  by: Mm   

I am most excited for all!

By: Mm
by: OPJan 7, 2016 11:23:27 AM

great response ;) hope you find your home!

By: OP
#3  by: :)   

I only talked to a few girls in each one so I could be wrong but this is what I thought:
DZ: nice but seemed focused on looks and they seemed kind of judgy
Phi Sig: nice and asked personal questions instead of the basic ones that everyone asked
AXiD: the first girl I met seemed like she was reciting a memorized speech and she didn't really ask me questions. The rest seemed nice and genuine
DPhiE: overall nice but some girls seemed like they didn't want to be there and were just standing in the corner.
AEPhi: it was awkward because each sister talked to two PNMs at once and asked both girls the same question at once..they also seemed like they didn't take Greek life seriously or something

By: :)
#4  by: !!   

I was excited to meet Aephi bc of there social media but I ended up really liking dz which was weird lol

By: !!
#5  by: So   

I had a really good first night in axid! But the second night was eh, overall I would say dz was a first choice because it was good both nights and then AXID second, but I'm still unsure.. Is that bad?"? I liked them both !

By: So
by: nope!Jan 8, 2016 2:25:27 AM

definitely not a problem, pref night should clear everything up for you!!

By: nope!
#6  by: GoOwls   

AXiD and Phi Sig!!! I've had great conversations in both rooms and I overall enjoy the girls in each. The ratings on this website for phi sig are scaring me though. Anyone else see them too?

By: GoOwls
by: RealJan 8, 2016 12:49:51 AM

Don't go by the ratings on this site!! If you like them then go for it. I'm not a phi sig and phi sig was definitely not for me but that doesn't mean it's not good for you! If you like them don't let this site discourage you, go with what you feel

By: Real
by: WarningJan 8, 2016 2:09:09 AM

These ratings are all basically just generalizations, and while most of them are true for some people, that definitely doesn't mean it's true for all. From my experience however, I had a close friend join Phi Sig last year bc she loved how they presented themselves during recruitment but ended up HATING it right off the bat and dropped, saying they were completely different than how they first came off. Maybe they just kill it at recruitment, which would make sense given their overall "be the best at everything" goal

By: Warning
#7  by: ?   

What ratings? What do people say about them?

By: ?
by: TuJan 8, 2016 8:36:56 AM

Basically that they have a stick up their ass, which they do

By: Tu
#8  by: Wow   

Do they at least get along with each other?

By: Wow
by: My experienceJan 8, 2016 9:57:21 AM

From an outsiders experience, as a person not in phi sig but with friends in phi sig, it seems as if and I've heard that they are super cliquey. Women find their friends within the org and then don't really talk to any one else.

By: My experience
#9  by: Ugh   

I liked phi sig too but now I'm worried! :(

By: Ugh
by: :/Jan 8, 2016 10:03:23 AM

Honestly just go with your gut. Girls who join phi sig really do like it. If you care a lot about academics and have a competitive personality, then it might be fitting for you. Unfortunately they are arguably the least liked by all the other sororities, which is a reason for the low ratings. Not to say the things they say aren't true, because a lot of them are pretty accurate, but all the sororities have their weaknesses and phi sig's may be a little overstated in comparison on this site. Just go with where you feel is right for you for the right reasons.

By: :/

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.