facebook

does a shy person have a chance of being accepted?

by: ?

I want to rush and be part of a sorority, but i am on the quiet and shy side. Is there a house that I would fit in with better? Do I have a chance of receiving a bid at all?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: panhel girl   

You don't need to be loud and outgoing to be in a sorority! When I went through recruitment I was super shy. I thought I wouldn't get into my top choice because I had heard they were filled with more outgoing girls, but I was wrong! Be friendly and nice and real! Stay true to yourself. It'll work out. Every sorority has a wide variety of girls. They are all accepting. It's just about who your personality vibes best with.

With that being said, prep yourself beforehand. Be prepared with questions to ask sisters to keep the conversation going. It can be about themselves, or about the sorority. Make it interesting too! Every girl asks about philanthropy (and they'll tell you about it without you asking). Maybe ask her her favorite memory within her sorority. Something interesting and new will help you stand out and will provide you with more genuine answers :)

By: panhel girl
by: ?Nov 25, 2015 7:29:19 PM

That was very helpful, thank you!!

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.