facebook

sororities

by: pnm

Can anyone give me a non-biased description of each sorority? Like personality, reputation, etc. Don't really need rankings, just wanna know more about them

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gogreek   

I'm in a sorority and I said the negative things about my organization as well as the good things! Just because I wanted to be super truthful about everything for you. But, I still love my sisters and everything we stand for, even if we're not perfect. Honestly, at the end of the day pick the girls you see yourself being friends with and being able to call your sisters. Who cares what anyone else thinks? It's about what YOU think.

By: gogreek
#2  by: pnm   

thanks for all the valuable advice! I plan on going into recruitment being myself, as I have no interest in tiers or anything. that being said, is each sorority equally competitive when it comes to getting a bid? I know temple only has 5, and I don't have my heart set on anything in particular, but which ones are considered the most selective/hardest to get in to and why?

By: pnm
#3  by: lovegreek   

To be honest, all the sororities are great and have their weak points too. One person can think a sorority is awesome while another thinks they're annoying or weird. All of the sororities have many girls in them, and they're all different and can be interpreted different to everyone. It's not really about others' opinions, it's about which sorority turns out to be the best fit for you when going out for recruitment. I have met girls in every sorority on campus and all have been extremely nice to me and respectful. My advice, as a girl in a sorority, is to not listen what others' have to say. If you spend too much time worrying about what some people think of a certain sorority, you will never be happy with your choice.

By: lovegreek
#4  by: greeklife   

I wouldn't say one sorority is harder to get into than another. Each sorority has to take in a minimum number of girls (I think in Fall 2013 it was around 50-60), and TU Greeklife Administration dictates a lot about the numbers each org has to take because of the high numbers going out for recruitment each year.

By: greeklife
by: informationJul 22, 2014 12:51:27 PM

The number of girls a chapter has to take is called quota. Total is the total number of girls in a chapter, usually based on average chapter size.

Quota = # of girls signing their pref night card / number of groups

By: information

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.