facebook

joining a sorority

by: niqua

Ok, I been here at Temple for almost 2 years and I have decided to finally try and join a sorority. But after reading the comments, I'm having second thoughts. I really want an amazing experience, not just a bunch of partying. So my question is, which sorority would be best and why?
I really want some honest opinions!

Posted By: niqua
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GreekRating   

Most of these ratings are by small groups of people, so you will rarely see anything worthwhile (just sororities giving 5/5's and saying they're the most popular and hottest, fraternities doing the same and saying they party the hardest).

All the sororities work hard with community service and philanthropy, spending hundreds of hours and raising thousands. If you're truly interested, go to recruitment. There you'll meet girls from every organization and see what they're really about.

By: GreekRating
#2  by: TUGreekAlum   

My advice to you is to check out each house during spring openhouses. You can find the house that is right for you. Each sorority has the partiers, the nerds, the girly girls,the jocks etc. It's just finding the one where you feel most like yourself. Do not compromise or try to conform to someone else's definition of you. I had a blast in my sorority. We did have parties and fun times, but I was a science major and graduated top of my class. It was one of the best decisions I've made at Temple.

By: TUGreekAlum
#3  by: Greek   

Most the comments on here are left by individuals within greek life bashing other organizations or promoting their own organization. I would not take any of these comments or ratings seriously, but if you are truly interested in joining a sorority, recruitment is right around the corner and all organizations would love something who is interested in something other than just partying. Partying does play a large role, however there are so many other things us greeks do. So go through recruitment and see if it is truly for you or not!

By: Greek
#4  by: Sorority Alum   

I went to Temple in the 80s Greeks were just starting to become popular again and we didn't have ratings boards or formal recruitment. When I joined there were three sororities on campus and I am embarrassed to say that I joined the sorority with the nicest clothes. But, we worked hard to be the best, become leaders on campus all while keeping our national goal to recruit a diverse group of girls. I'm proud to see that these ideals have continued with the current active sisters although I'm not sure if they are still the best dressed ;) If they aren't it probably started with me and my room-mate. I used to wear chinos and tshirts to frat parties and she favored orange camo! But we and my other chapter sisters are still BFFs 30 years later so I would say go through recruitment and find a group of girls you would be comfortable being friends with for 30 years!

By: Sorority Alum

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.