facebook

transfer student with an a.a. this spring

by: Curious'19

Are fall transfer students typically welcomed and likely to receive a bid if they have some things to offer a particular sorority?(SGA, Senior Class President, leadership in numerous clubs, community service awards, honor societies, volleyball, etc...) Based on last year's 2015 recruitment, what percentage of the girls who went through recruitment actually got a bid from at least one sorority? Finding a lifelong sisterhood is extremely important to me during my college years and beyond. I am not a legacy, but will have recommendation letters from my teachers, aunts, friends, and that were in every one of your six sororities at UT.
How does it work here?
Thank you for any input or suggestions.:)

Posted By: Curious'19
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UT    

I heard 500 girls rushed and 250 took bids (this takes into account girls that dropped out themselves... which were a lot because sororities just aren't for everyone). Unfortunately I don't think they even take recommendations but you'll be fine! I rushed as an upperclassmen and got my first choice. Just be yourself and go in with an open mind.

By: UT
by: defNov 30, 2016 10:24:22 PM

definitely more than 250 got bids

By: def
#2  by: ab   

Ask your Rho Gam about the recommendations when you get to school. They could help you, but make sure it's from someone relevant. Like if its a 30 year old teacher, it might just make you look worse. If it's a friend in the sorority at a different school that could help, but make sure its a good sorority at her school and they have a good insta bc they will check. Being an upperclassmen wouldn't matter in most sororities. Make sure you have a good reason for transferring and wanting to go through recruitment even if it's fake (something about opportunities probably).

By: ab

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.