facebook

sorority pledging rumors? true or false?

by: TheNewGirl

Hey, my name is Amanda and I'm an incoming freshman.

At orientation, Greek life was briefly discussed & I've heard some
good and bad things & I want to know what is true and what is
false about sorority life. I won't name names because I want to give
everyone a fair chance during recruitment & thus avoid damaging my chances for any organization, but I've heard a variety of things like making pledges eat real live goldfish, a carrot run, stripping naked and having frat guys "sharpie your body", being locked in cages naked, being handcuffed & blindfolded & left out in the cold after drinking numerous shots, and choosing to eat an apple or a rotten onion and whatever you don't choose to eat then your "big" does.

So any honesty here is appreciated about what is legit and what isn't true

Posted By: TheNewGirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GeneseoRegionalGreek   

As a member of a sorority and a previous IGC e-board member here is the best & most honest advice I can give you: don't rush or decide to pledge organizations based on ANY rumor you may hear about them. Long story short, I've heard stories of girls pledging certain groups because they heard they "always party with the hottest XYZ frats and sports team" or avoided rushing various groups because of the hazing rumors going around. In the end, said girls were unhappy in the end because they didn't join the group that fit their needs or they simply didn't click with the other sisters. In the end, you should attend round robin (which I hear is occurring the first Sunday everyone gets back to school, so be on the look-out and be sure to attend! ) and base your decision on the presentation each group gives and which group of girls you feel that you would be super close and genuine with. Good luck & welcome to Geneseo! :)

By: GeneseoRegionalGreek
#2  by: true   

Literally none of those rumors are true I can assure you.

By: true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.