facebook

(national) sorority rush advice

by: c

I know a lot of freshmen right now are looking at this website to determine what organization they want to be in. Please take everything you see on this site with a grain of salt. Take what your other freshmen friends are saying with a grain of salt. Take what sorority girls say with a grain of salt as well. I want to help you as much as I can since I’m older and have gone though rush successfully and want everyone to end up in their dream homes.

1. I know your rho gammas push this, but maximize your preferences for real. They are not lying when they say that !! Maximizing your preferences can only help you and not harm you. I maximized my preferences and I’m so glad I did.

2. Rushing alone is not weird at all period. I swear to you even if you aren’t rushing alone right now you will be at some point. You won’t always end up in the same rooms as your friends. Your friends may get cut from the rooms you were invited to and vice versa. Surprisingly, you may also find that you’ll do better without your friends in the room. I know that when my friends were in the room with me, there was a tendency for one of us to dominate the conversation/lean on the other to do all the talking on the behalf of both of us. You want to personally make an outstanding impression on these girls. If your friend does all the talking, the sorority will be able to remember your friend better than you.

3. You might get cut from your favorite sorority. It doesn’t matter how many informal rush events you attended in the fall. It doesn’t matter how many girls you know in the sorority. It doesn’t matter if you think you’re a shoe in. I’m saying it can happen to anyone. In that case please don’t stop rushing and continue to maximize your preferences. Even if you end up in your second or even third choice sorority, if you accept the bid at the end you will realize you were actually meant to be in that sorority all along and you’ll actually be glad your first choice cut you. I know if you get cut you will be upset initially but there is no need to worry. I swear everything works out in the end. If you end up not getting a bid there is a reason for that also. Some of my friends that ended up not receiving bids their first time rushing either 1) rushed local in the fall or 2) rushed again in the spring. They all received bids eventually. There is a sorority for everyone on this campus and it may take some time finding out which one it is. Please don’t give up.

4. Do not try to get into the same sorority that your friends want just because they want it. Rush is a personal decision, you want to find the best sorority FOR YOU !! You may have been convinced to rush because of your friends but still try to find the best sorority for you. You will be much happier that way in the long term! You can still remain friends in different sororities. I know people say that, but it is true. There’s nothing awkward about being in different sororities and still remaining friends.

Take my opinions with a grain of salt as well. I hope everyone endures the long and tiring hours of recruitment season and finds their eventual home. if you want any more advice on a specific topic just ask !!

Posted By: c
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.