facebook

rush

by: Freshman

How does rush/recruitment work at geneseo, I’ve seen YouTube videos from big universities, is it a similar process or how is it different ?

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: local   

Theres both local and national organizations. Frat recruitment is way more laid back than sorority recruitment. I only rushed local sororities so I can't speak to what national recruitment is like but I think, overall, Geneseo greek life is way less intense than at large universities. Greek life is big at Geneseo only because there aren't many other options to go out other than being on a sports team.

Nationals only take new people in the spring and then most locals take every semester (you still have to wait until the spring to join if you are a freshman). For all sororities the process is 2 weeks- although you won't necessarily have a recruitment event on every single day unless you're rushing every organization. Recruitment starts each semester with Round Robin, which is like speed dating for sororities and a chance for you to get a feel for each organization. For locals theres two rounds of cuts- formal invites and then bids. At the end of the first week you are allowed to indicate up to 3 local sororities you are interested in joining. The sorority will then vote on who to invite to a "formal" dinner. After the second week you are allowed to final pref one local sorority. The sorority will then decide who among the final prefs they want to give bids to. You can rush both local and national sororities and final pref for each of them. If you get a bid from a local and a national you can only choose one.

FYI for locals a formal invite is generally a good sign but it does not mean you will receive a bid. Sometimes formal invites are given if people are unsure about whether it is a good match, and formal is a good time to get to know the girl more.

Best of luck! I hope you choose to rush and find a good match. Geneseo has great greek organizations so go in with an open mind and be yourself!!!

By: local

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.