facebook

Mass disaffiliation.

by: Hmm

Around the country there’s been a recent trend of houses disaffiliating from their schools and in some case even forming independent IFCs. This had been happing primarily at schools where most fraternities have houses that are off campus , and where the school tried to impose over the top restrictions on Greek life. Penn state seems to meet both of these criteria and I feel it is reasonable to say we are moving towards a similar mass Greek life disaffiliation. The only thing I can see holding this back is THON. What are y’all’s thoughts?

Posted By: Hmm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ifc   

Yeah im on board, only thing we’d have to figure out is thon bc the school wouldnt let us participate as a greek org if we r disaffiliated. We’d have to form “thon orgs” which could possibly put us back under school rules and regulations. But if we do dissafiliate we need to form an independent ifc and go back to self regulation like in the 2000s and early 2010s. For this to work it would take cooperation among the penn state greek community and that means squashing beef and putting egos aside.

By: ifc
by: AlthoughAug 15, 2022 6:27:49 PM

It can work. Look at UColorado, UMichigan, West Virginia, Duke and now USC.

By: Although
#2  by: You're an Idiot   

Exactly what "over the top" regulations are you referring to? Not hazing your brothers to death? Having to maintain a decent GPA? That's over the top?

By: You're an Idiot
by: guy Aug 15, 2022 7:56:50 PM

you wouldn’t understand geed

By: guy
by: OPAug 15, 2022 11:12:27 PM

I’m taking about how first semester freshman can’t rush, we’re limited to 10 registered socials a month, a lot of really nice cool kids don’t get to rush for academic or disciplinary reasons, and punishments disproportionate in relation to the offense (look at sigchi pike and chiphi). It’s clear they’re trying to get rid of us so screw them

By: OP

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.