facebook

question for legacies

by: Old Bones

How do you look yourself in the mirror, knowing that you took a spot from someone who actually deserved it.

Yale kind of copies Oxford. Did you know that at Oxford, it is considered VERY bad form for anyone to let the admissions office know that an applicant is a legacy? For parents it would be considered the ultimate in bad taste. For applicants it would actually be a strike against you.

Posted By: Old Bones
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Really?   

This is GREEK rank, not Admissions rank...go preach somewhere else.

By: Really?
by: Old BonesOct 15, 2019 8:24:38 PM

Truth hurts, huh? I am not knocking the school,
just one particular aspect of admissions. You want me to say it - Yale is a great school. Would be better without legacies.

It's not like Yale needs the money - it's got a bigger endowment than it could spend in multiple generations. Only question is whether it will do the right thing.

Maybe time to put some pressure on the administration - that is if you all actually care about social justice and are not just posturing until you get your cushy Wall Street job.

By: Old Bones
#2  by: LisaChu   

Another pathetic leech whining because it isn't good enough. You disgust me. Donate your stuff to Charity and then throw yourself into some forest or place with hungry animals or donate your body to science so those that deserve it can use it better.
My country was ravaged by Western devils and our people and do I whine? I don't need their scraps of social justice and affirmative action as if sone pathetic beggar who can't do it on my own. The world isn't fair. Nor should I expect it to be. If they want legacies, let them do it. If they want to have biases, let them go crazy with it. Let them get conplacent and entitled. It just makes them easier prey for those of us that know better. Those of us who are better.

By: LisaChu
by: EeyoreOct 21, 2019 8:38:58 PM

Winnie the Pooh, is that you?

By: Eeyore
#3  by: Old Bones   

Wait, I though you were all liberal bleeding hearts? Maybe you just have to pretend while you are on campus, lol. But that was my point, why let leeches like legacies and athletes go to the school when you can have the smartest and best? I just made the social justice comment because I thought that would reach more people.

by: Darth ZionusOct 24, 2019 7:15:07 PM

The smartest and best will (these days) not go to Yale as they will find better paths. As a norm, one dimensional academic hoes, drones, glory hounds and legacies that still haven't got the memo or their parents are one or more of the above go to the Ivies. The exception are kids inspite of the Ivies, who really make the most of the Ivies in the most assymetric ways imaginale.

I still prefer legacies and athletes. Way better people in Every every every sense by a wide margin and have way less and less brainwashed cookie cutter I_______i puppets. Yes, some of us pretend while in college we believe all that B.S. in college.

(Raspy voice): But do not worry, The only real social justice they're gonna get is diversity of misery and chaos, affirmative action of destruction and equality of no mercy under the New Ordah muahahahahahah.

P.S.: Don't feel bad for them. If they're so stupid and lazy they believe that malarkey, they deserve it. And hey, more space for everyone else and less waste on the world.

By: Darth Zionus
by: Old BonesNov 15, 2019 1:43:14 AM

Darth, thanks for the perspective. Good point made about the legacies and athletes.

#4  by: LOL   

Who do you think pays for all of the tuition assistance that allows you to go to an IVY for FREE? It only works if a legacy gets in and then they pay for one or two freebies to go too.

By: LOL

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.