facebook

unaffiliated

by: Sophomore Girl

So I am unaffiliated, and I am curious as to why everyone hates on Sigma Kappa? I know a bunch of SK sophomores and they are all the nicest girls ever. And no ... I am not a SK. I am just very curious...

Posted By: Sophomore Girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

They're nice just not to each other a lot have recently been desistering and they just don't get along as a sorority which is kinda the point of being in a sorority

By: Well
#2  by: Ind   

They are very nice girls individually. There sorority has unfortunately gotten the reputation of being cliquish, and not cohesive- which goes agains being in a sorority. They could turn it around with better leadership and if they decided to work on bettering the group.

By: Ind
#3  by: Yes   

Basically what everyone else says. They are nice girls individually but really mean to each other in groups. I feel like every sorority is cliquey and has their drama, but Sigma Kappa doesn't keep it on the down low. They'll complain about each other infront of other affiliated girls and in class or public places. It's not even like they are just venting about girls in their org, but they outwardly talk about how much they hate certain people and put them down. Their seniors this year is definitely three strongest year. Juniors and sophomores are mean and can be real ratchet as well. Great recruiters, so don't be fooled. You'd regret it.

By: Yes
#4  by: I've noticed   

I guess one thing I've noticed is that they do not treat other organizations well either. They've slipped to the bottom tier, and I'm not sure that they really like to accept that. I know AXO is very panhellenic minded. I've only ever heard them say nice things about other sororities which is why I have a higher opinion of them. Sigma Kappa chooses to put other organizations down trying to look better than them. There was a thread on this site not to long ago that was clearly written by a sigma kappa. It said all of these positive things about SK and so many negatives about AXO and KD. I know a lot of people rushed to AXOs and KDs defense because I think in that case, SK just took it too far. They need to rebuild themselves and their image instead of trying to hurt others.

By: I've noticed
#5  by: also   

On top of what others have said, they're not terribly involved, whether it be their philanthropy or Elon in general. Like it's been said, with some better leadership and better attitudes, they could turn it around. So many of the girls individually are such sweethearts but together they're just not very strong.

By: also
#6  by: My B   

I think a good example is their philanthropy event this fall. Half of their sisters showed up, and half of them just stayed in their little groups. It's such a contrast compared to the other sororities events where almost all of their sisters show up and float between groups. Usually a lot of laughing and smiling. Sure with 120 girls, everyone isn't going to be best friends. But in the other sororities, they seem to at least respect and be able to have conversations with each other. I've been in classes where SKs don't even acknowledge each other.

By: My B

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.