facebook

jw

by: pnm

whats the likelihood of a girl getting completely dropped/not receiving any bid during recruitment?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

It's very very rare when it happens but it does happen and usually it's because girls didn't go in with an open mind and were rude to girls in houses or were insane hot messes during the fall so they got black listed everywhere

By: Well
#2  by: Treehugger   

Remember that sorority girls are friends with other girls in each chapter. Gossip about a freshman spreads fast and you won't get into the top or middle tier if your labeled early on.

By: Treehugger
#3  by: also   

Try to keep in mind that this is not a "I'm going to all the houses and am only going to be nice to some and not others" because trust me, you will get dropped. Don't think you're too good for the lower tiers and don't assume the top tiers are going to want you either. Be nice and be respectable.

By: also
by: TrudatSep 8, 2014 1:01:36 PM

^^That is soo true. I know three girls who all thought they were going to get into Zeta for sure, since they knew people inside, but then ended up being dropped by all but one or two (low tier) sorority by the second day. This was most likely because they had attitudes towards the other houses they visited, thinking they were "above them". None of them ended up becoming part of a sorority.

By: Trudat
#4  by: But   

Don't 200 girls get dropped each recruitment? If 600+ go in and each house takes 50

By: But
by: YeaaaaSep 2, 2014 4:00:36 PM

The amount of girls each house takes isn't known till bid day because Elon and each sorority's nationals based it off of how many girls go to preference round so again just be outgoing, talkative and look cute and have a VERY open mind and you'll do fine

By: Yeaaaa
#5  by: i mean   

getting dropped happens MUCH more often then Elon will ever tell you and a ton of girls slip through the cracks.

By: i mean
by: TruthSep 3, 2014 3:30:18 PM

No wants to freak you out, and please don't get worried about it, but they're right. Recruitments gotten sooo much more competitive the past few years and it's sure to be even more so this year

By: Truth
by: tbhSep 8, 2014 4:30:35 PM

Not going to lie, it does happen. More than half my PiChi group didn't get bids when I went through recruitment. However a lot of them did end up dropping because they were unhappy with the houses they were left with. Honestly don't worry about it, just be sure to keep an open mind and don't have your heart set anywhere going into it because you don't want to be disappointed.

By: tbh
#6  by: Aussue   

There's a difference between being cut from ALL the sororities and being cut from a few/most and withdrawing yourself from recruitment. I think there is a small number that gets cut by all the sororities, and more drop out because they don't like their invites. Very few people have perfect recruitments. You will be cut from a sorority at some point. Don't take cuts personally and go into everyday with fresh new eyes. There is no point of dwelling on the groups that cut you.

By: Aussue

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.