facebook

from a graduate

by: Alum

I'm a few years out of Elon, and found myself on this site by googling greek life at Elon to check up on things. I'm extremely disappointed by what I see. When I was at Elon, Elon was known for having very collegial greek life and I know that is still true for the most part. It's a greatly run system where women find their place and every sorority is unique and has something to offer.

Potential new members, please do not be swayed by the posts on this site. While some of them may be accurate, half of them are incredibly rude and out of line. If I had listened to these as a first year, I would have been afraid to join an organization at all. Don't be! The great things about the sororities outweigh any flaws, real or made up, that are on this site.

Plus, when you get out into the real world, you're an Elon alum first and a sorority member second. You'll run into girls in different groups, work with them, go to Elon events with them, and need to interact with them even more than when you attended Elon. Don't be that one person that is so wrapped up in her sorority's reputation that you need to tear other ones down. No one likes that, especially mature adult graduates. Just keep it positive!

Posted By: Alum
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Current Sister   

Additionally, freshman as you'll probably see in the coming months, in real life the sororities do have panhellenic spirit. I have good friends in about half of the sororities at Elon, not just the one I belong to, and you frequently see members of different sororities and unaffiliated women all together. This site is merely a few people who may or may not be in Greek Life using the anonymity of the internet to tear people and organizations down. Don't let the cattiness on here affect your desire to join greek life in the slightest! And alumnae, don't feel like greek life has become how it's being portrayed on this site, I promise it is not actually this negative

By: Current Sister
#2  by: Be nice :)   

Bumping this post because more people need to read this and not harsh stereotypes

By: Be nice :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.