facebook

positive thoughts

by: New

So reading most of these discussion threads there seems to be a lot of negativity and arguing. I wanted to know what are the best attributes of each sorority? I know each one has flaws but I do not think they should continue to be brought up over and over again. I hope there is still some respect between all of the sororities and that someone could explain the best parts if each sorority without being rude.

Posted By: New
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Here Goes   

Thank you! Great topic idea! Here goes...

Alpha Chi Omega - Absolutely the nicest girls. They genuinely care about each other and have a close sisterhood. AXO nationally is awesome which matters a lot when you get out.
Alpha Omicron Pi - They really have a wide variety of girls but have a reputation for being known and involved . For many years they won homecoming queen every year, and have a great mix of girls that like to party but are also smart and responsible.
Alpha Xi Delta - My opinion, the best sorority in campus (I'm not in it, promise). They just have the best mix of beautiful, kind girls that are really smart and very involved on campus.
Delta Delta Delta - They seem like fun and have a great philanthropy. They raise a lot of money for St. Jude and are involved around campus.
Kappa Delta - New, but don't let that sway you! They came in with a bang and got a lot of great girls, and have been improving ever since. Also a great national organization, and they are really starting to make a new for themselves. Very up and coming.
Phi Mu - Blonde and beautiful. They are close knit, and have a reputation for being both fun and sweet.
Sigma Kappa - They have a close sisterhood and have been on campus for a long time, so they are well respected. Used to be close to top tier, they enjoy that and having lots of dedicate alums as well.
Sigma Sigma Sigma - Closest knit sorority on campus. They love each other, without a doubt.
Zeta - Stunning girls, and know how to have fun!

By: Here Goes
by: Yes. Aug 21, 2014 1:39:28 PM

Love everything written above. This is what PNMs need to hear going into recruitment, not all the negative crap a select few people try to spread on this website.

By: Yes.
by: Sorry butAug 21, 2014 2:08:39 PM

^This is written by a sigma kappa. A lot of these descriptions are off and based on stereotypes.

By: Sorry but
by: LolAug 21, 2014 2:09:34 PM

"used to be close to top tier they enjoy that" ok.....

By: Lol
by: sryAug 21, 2014 10:21:46 PM

sigma kappa was middle of the middle tier during its glory days 2 years ago. that was the highest they ever got.

By: sry
#2  by: Sisterhoods   

Alpha Chi Omega: these girls own who they are. They are comfortable in their skin and are welcoming.
Alpha Omicron Pi: mix of every "type" of girl. Smart, cohesive, win homecoming every year.
Alpha Xi Delta: involved in everything! Friendly/down to earth girls. Very "girl next door"
Delta: diverse group. Girls from all walks of life. Really into their philanthropy. Friendly!
KD: new and still working on the identity of their organization. Because they are such a mix everyone has a place and can contribute something. Has come along way quickly. Every "type" of girl.
Phi Mu: classically beautiful southern belles. Fun, friendly, sweet and warm.
Sigma kappa: down to earth and some sisters are very close.
Sigma: extremely tight sisterhood! They truly love and care for each other and have a lot of fun doing it.
ZTA: fun and wild! That friend who always wants you to try something new or stay up all night with you!

By: Sisterhoods
by: orderAug 21, 2014 5:48:35 PM

wtf is with the order? lol at sigma kappa being lumped in with tri sig and phi mu

By: order
by: to aboveAug 21, 2014 7:33:18 PM

Did you not notice that it was alphabetic?

By: to above
#3  by: truth   

achio: such nice, genuine women who are well-rounded and friendly to all. strong focus on sisterhood and academics
zeta: beautiful and a lot of fun. their exec is doing a great job of turning things around in their organization.
aopi: cool, cute girls who oftentimes don't feel limited to the greek social scene and have a wide variety of friends who are affiliated and unaffiliated. laidback, unique individuals.
axid: leaders on campus. easy to talk to, pretty, and seem to really genuinely love eachother. if i were to rush again (i rushed two years ago but i'm in a different organization), i would choose axid.
kd: new but this means it attracts a diverse group of girls with a broad range of interests and involvements.
sigma: pretty, close-knit group of women. hang out with everyone, greek or not greek, and are really involved on campus. lots of fun.
delta: do a lot of work for their philanthropy. quirky and sweet.
sigma kappa: sweet, attractive girls who can party and still do well academically.
phi mu: blonde, beautiful, and wealthy

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.