facebook

rush

by: First year

I'm going to be getting to Elon in a few days for freshman year and I think I really want to go through rush (or recruitment…I'm new to this stuff and have no idea what to expect). I have a family friend who is now a sophomore who went through recruitment, but got dropped by everything the second day. I'm the first in my family to (hopefully) do greek life. I know I probably wouldn't get top tier because I don't know anyone, but what are the chances of getting dropped by everyone? Also, can someone tell me what the different organizations are like? I'm not looking for a ranking, just a general "type" each organization has. Thanks!

Posted By: First year
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hereyago   

Ok- so my personal opinions for each:

Phi Mu: definitely most popular on campus- a lot of pretty "girl next door" type of girls. Some are not all that great but overall a great sorority that gets along pretty well with each other. They also socialize a lot with other people and do not seem cult-like.

Sigma: cult. These girls are all obsessed with each other. However, if you find many of your friends are going sigma then you might love being a part of it. The sorority tends to have friend groups within the pledge classes. Sigmas are given a lot of labels but I know so many different people that it's hard to give an overall explanation. You'll either love it or run from it.

Zeta: to me they seem fake and not as great as phi Mu or sigma. Also, the pledge class this year was so interesting that the while sorority has a different overall vibe.

AXiD: interesting mix of girls. I would say people think of them as cool but not your stereotypical sorority girl. They are all really unique and cool people that have a lot of energy and fun.

SK: funny and sweet. SK tends to attract the funloving and vibrant girls. The sisters always seem to get along and have a great time.

Delta: such a mix to be honest. There are huge partiers to nerds and everything in between. I would say delta is like a melting pot with such a wide range of personalities.

AOPi: down to earth is the best explanation. They had an amazing pledge class filled with really chill and fun girls.

By: Hereyago
by: HereyagoAug 20, 2014 1:55:16 AM

KD: a little weird. The girls tend to be mainly a little out there with some really cool girls mixed in. If you're in the cooler group, you'll probably love it. I have never met a mean or stuck up KD. So I would say they are really nice girls that are down to earth.

AXO: definitely an interesting bunch. It's not secret that they are bottom. However, the girls own it and most seem to be extremely happy. If you can connect well with the types of girls and personalities in AXO you will like it.

About being dropped: it is possible to be dropped like that. There is absolutely no guarantee in recruitment. I would not let that stress you out, but I am not going to lie and tell you it won't happen.

By: Hereyago
by: Hahahaha Aug 20, 2014 3:38:30 PM

This was obviously written by a sigma kappa trying to make themselves look better you guys really need to stay of this website if you have any hope of improving your sorority

By: Hahahaha
by: Good tryAug 20, 2014 8:34:49 PM

The fact that you wrote cons for every sorority EXCEPT Sigma Kappa says it all. Stop trying to salvage your mess of a reputation SK.

By: Good try
by: hahahaAug 20, 2014 10:03:10 PM

i also love that they listed SK right after AXiD. yeah, in a million years. you wish.

By: hahaha
#2  by: welcome   

welcome to elon! go through rush with an open mind. make sure to meet as many girls as you can throughout the semester to see who you like the most and who you fit in with the best. lots of girls come to elon not knowing anyone and get into the sorority that they fit into, it all depends on you to proactively try to make new friends.

By: welcome

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.