facebook

freshmen class of 2018: sorority guide

by: truth

First and foremost, welcome to Elon University! I am sure you are all so excited for school to begin. If you are thinking about Greek life I hope this will help you learn more about the sororities at Elon. With that being said, this are general opinions and beliefs and they should not sway you in any way! You should make decisions based on the sororities you like and you think you would fit well into. Also, there is no shame in not wanting to join a sorority. The benefits are the amount of people you will get to know and the events you will be invited to. However, you can still have an amazing college experience without being involved in Greek life!

RANKINGS

TOP TIER
Phi Mu
Sigma
Zeta

Opinion: Phi Mu is the top sorority at Elon. Sigmas tend to be friends with just other sigmas. Zeta seems to be the sorority that girls who wanted Phi Mu and Sigma but were dropped joined.

MIDDLE TIER
AxiD
Delta/AOII/SK

Opinion: AXiD is the best of the middle tier by far. Honestly, Delta, AOII and SK are all in the same spot. They all have different types of people but when compared as a whole sorority, they are pretty equally ranked.

BOTTOM TIER
KD
AXO

Opinion: KD has gotten better but they still have girls that are not middle tier at all. I do not know why they are ranked so high by some people. AXO is definitely bottom.

Advice: go into this year with an open mind and do not get attached to one! All have something great to offer. Good luck!!

Posted By: truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

Okay just another thread that's trying to stir up debates. This post is kind of accurate but definitely not what the majority is saying. So here's what I, and a lot of others, seem to think for this year

Phi Mu
Sigma
Zeta
AXiD
(AXiD is not terribly close to moving past any of the top three but they've definitely set themselves apart from the middle. They have some amazing girls and a great sisterhood. I say they are the organization to watch this year)

Delta
AOII/KD
(Delta is above the other two. KD and AOII are similar. AOII is more cohesive but less involved on campus. KD is more involved but less cohesive. Both are relatively decent orgs.)

SK
AXO
(AXO has always been bottom but they really aren't that bad. They just have a few weirdos but a good sisterhood. SK has plummeted these past few years with a weak sisterhood and some not so classy rumors. They also have been self ranking like crazy and it's noticeable)

By: Lol
by: rankerSep 2, 2014 7:32:05 PM

AXO is bottom from an enduring reputation that should have died years ago. The reputation is the only reason a few "weirdos" get in every year. Truly an amazing group of girls!

By: ranker
by: Wait whatSep 8, 2014 1:09:01 PM

KD is definitely still bottom tier. I would say they're the worst on campus.
I would say the entire list here is correct, but put KD below AXO and SK.

SK has definitely moved down to bottom tier though.. and I do agree that AXiD is improving.

By: Wait what
by: ???Sep 8, 2014 2:53:53 PM

Why so much kd hate? They're not the worst they delicately middle tier

By: ???
by: Yes ???Sep 8, 2014 4:26:42 PM

^^^^^ Agreed..KD has earned their mid tier spot

By: Yes ???
#2  by: Uh   

Yeah that's funny.

Phi Mu
Sigma
Zeta

AXiD
Delta/AOII
KD

SK
AXO

By: Uh
by: yupSep 9, 2014 11:32:31 AM

This is right. Only change I would make is to move KD down, still above sk but they're still not deserving of being considered the middle tier.

By: yup
#3  by: lol   

The original post is such a joke.

By: lol
#4  by: Hahaha   

This is so wrong that it's funny. Move AXiD up and switch SK and KD. And honestly I'd put AOII up with delta.

Phi Mu
Sigma
Zeta
AXiD

Delta/AOII
KD

SK
AXO

By: Hahaha
by: okayAug 17, 2014 9:07:49 AM

every sorority has some losers in it, even the upper tiers. i'd say considering how much zeta has fallen compared to sigma and phi mu, axid is closer than they ever were at reaching a higher tier.

By: okay
by: hmmAug 17, 2014 4:41:53 PM

closer, yes. there yet, no. azd is still top of the middle

By: hmm
#5  by: Ha   

Top:
Phi Mu
Sigma
Zeta

Upper-mid:
AXiD

Middle:
Delta
AOPi

Lower mid:
KD
SK

Bottom:
AXO

By: Ha
by: noAug 18, 2014 7:11:50 AM

There are way too many layers to the middle-tier based on your logic. SK is bottom and that's that.

By: no
by: almostAug 24, 2014 5:17:51 PM

Delta and AXiD are comparable organizations

By: almost
by: HAHAHAGAug 24, 2014 5:52:47 PM

Azd and delta are not comparable delta has THE most boring girls

By: HAHAHAG
by: noSep 2, 2014 7:32:56 PM

sorry. but there are not 3 levels of middle tier. some of these orgs are bottom tier. live with it.

By: no
#6  by: ugh   

Honestly its kind of insulting to the women in aopi and delta to put sk at the same level. They have some great girls, but they aren't the same. KD and SK should be together

By: ugh
by: LolAug 25, 2014 3:54:59 PM

Lol no aopi and KD are the same and sk is bottom

By: Lol
by: YaAug 25, 2014 11:13:52 PM

Delta is deff better than KD and AOII this year. I'd say those two are equal and SK is bottom

By: Ya
by: wellAug 26, 2014 3:00:37 PM

KD isn't really all that, but Delta's not that hot, either. I'd say Delta and AOPi are the same.

By: well
#7  by: Look   

Honestly, who really cares whether AOII is tied with KD or Delta? The middle tier is almost entirely the same with just some different girls. PNMs will see which one they think they fit best it. So here's all you need to know

Upper (no particular order)
Phi Mu, Sigma, Zeta

Middle (no particular order)
AOII, AXiD, Delta, KD

Bottom (no order)
AXO, SK

Within tiers, organizations are pretty much really similar.

By: Look
by: CloseSep 8, 2014 1:13:21 PM

KD is definitely still bottom tier. I would even still say they are the worst on campus. Everything else is correct though

By: Close
by: StupidSep 8, 2014 2:14:03 PM

^^^^ SK bashing KD will get you nowhere you are bottom get used to it

By: Stupid
#8  by: tbh   

AXiD is great, but they aren't top tier material. They will probably always be the "top" of the middle tier sororities, but there is just too much of a difference between girls in Sigma, Phi Mu, and Zeta and the girls in AXiD.

AXiD is a little better and more established than the rest of the middle tier sororities, but there is no difference in rankings between Delta, AOII, and KD...they are all basically on the same level in the middle.

SK is definitely above AXO but they are both below the rest.

By: tbh
by: realAug 31, 2014 2:18:28 PM

Axid is great and a the solid #4 house, but they need to boost up their recruiting. If they started recruiting as well as Zeta did, they would be able to become top tier.

By: real
#9  by: honestly   

i think axid would be top tier but they're too nice and down to earth to get involved in the cattiness of dirty rushing girls and everything else nasty associated with top tier

By: honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.