facebook

could i get into parties?

by: ...

I'll be a freshmen guy at Elon fall of 2014, and was wondering if I could get into fraternity parties without being affiliated? If so, which ones?

Posted By: ...
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: welcome   

I am a freshmen right now, and from my experience it can be very difficult for guys to get into parties, since freshmen don't rush until spring guys have to usually make friends with guys in fraternities within the first few weeks. Some fraternities are more welcoming than others (usual Sig Ep, Du, and Sig Pi will let you in), while others (like lambda, Kappa Sig, and Sig chi) could be a little bit more difficult. But really all you have to do is dress like a brother and introduce yourself, and come with a lot of girls (never show up with more than two guys). Once you make friends with the brothers you can go whenever, but you will likely end up going to the same two or three frats. Also if you live in Smith, you're likely to meet someone who knows people in frats and can help you get into parties. Living in Smith is like a party 24/7, it's great for guys who want to rush.

If you want to avoid greek life all together there is bar nights and sometimes sport teams will have parties. There are some apartment parties, but I feel like a lot freshmen don't go there, and you would to be pretty close with some upperclassmen GDI's.

Since you can't rush until spring, I would recommend keeping an open mind about greek life, especially if partying is going to be an important part of college for you. Greek life kind of dominates the party scene at Elon, and it is difficult to avoid. So I wouldn't make up your mind about greek life until you see it.

By: welcome
by: ...Jan 2, 2014 7:58:06 PM

#1, thank you for that response!

#2, completely unrelated question, where should I live next year? It's between Virginia and Global right now. If you could provide any insight that'd be great

By: ...
by: welcomeJan 4, 2014 3:30:42 PM

I live in global and I HATE IT! It is a nice building and all, but since it is brand new the RA's are super strict and annoying. The halls aren't social at all so you don't really get to know anyone. The first weeks I definitely felt like I was missing out on a lot. I don't really know much but Virginia, but if I was a guy I want to live in Smith, everyone is really close there and knows how to have a good time. I would probably live Daniely, since I can't live in smith, the downside is it so far away, but the rooms are nice, you meet soo many people, and that's where all the pre games are. There always seems to be something at daniely.

By: welcome
#2  by: Freshman girl   

Global is a lot nicer than Virginia if that's what you're looking for, since its so much newer. Colonnades is also new and nice. But you can't easily pregame in either if that's something that maters to you

By: Freshman girl
#3  by: ...   

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking for a social dorm so it appears Global is outta the question.

By: ...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.