facebook

sigma kappa legacy?

by: First year

I'm a legacy of Sigma Kappa and my mom really wants me to consider them, which I have. I just have heard more about other sororities that I think I could fit better in, but I haven't heard much about Sigma Kappa. Can someone tell me a bit about them? And I know, I need to go in with an open mind but I would like to know some about them before going through rush so I know what to keep an eye on.

Also, will being a legacy hurt my chances with other sororities? Like will some sororities cut me because they think I'll just end up in Sigma Kappa?

Posted By: First year
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ---   

No, it won't hurt your chances with other sororities. You'll be viewed completely the same be every different organization so its as fair as possible.

As for the reputation, I mean I don't know too many girls in it. I know like 3 maybe that I can think of, but they don't get really involved. From what I've heard, they just lack a strong sisterhood and that's their main issue. Someone else could probably give you a better idea of what they're like.

By: ---
#2  by: 123   

Not at all! Other sororities will view you no differently, so don't worry about that!

I think they're a decent organization. I just know a few girls are unhappy there because there isn't a great sisterhood present. Like the previous response, a lot of girls are involved in other organizations and that takes away from their involvement in their sorority. I've found that the less your involved, the poorer the bonds sisterhood. I think they're nice girls, but if you're looking for that close, tight-knit sisterhood, I don't know if it's the best place for you. Hope that helps!!

By: 123

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.