facebook

2020 advice

by: Tpupp

To all of the incoming freshmen: please do not worry so much about what sorority you'll be in. Take all of the comments on here with a grain of salt. As a former gamma chi, I have seen way too many girls stress out because they don't get a bid to the top sorority. I swear it all works itself out and because of the mutual selection every pnm ends up in the house that's best for her. Worry less about what people will think about you if you join xyz chapter and focus on finding the girls that will be your closest friends for the next 4 years. Besides after freshman year no one cares what sorority you're in, all four at Wofford get along really well. You won't lose your friends if you go to a different chapter.

Posted By: Tpupp
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: active    

As someone who is in a "top" sorority (but what is top anyways?) do not make your wofford experience based around the whole sorority deal. Seriously. If I was a freshman I would not even think about whether or not I would rush until like the week before recruitment starts. Wofford is too awesome of a school to spend all that time in one thing. Also I would not say that everyone "finds the house thats best for them". Yes lots do, but not everyone, so please be mindful of that. Don't assume every active is as in love with their house as they show during recruitment. I would encourage each and every one of you to go to the fraternity houses on the weekends if you please, have as much fun as you want, and dive head first in to everything Wofford has because these years fly by, i know the first 2 I was here did. You came to Wofford to get one of the finest educations in the area and be part of one big community, so please put that first.

By: active
#2  by: Woco   

Also please be mindful that grades are very important especially this year! A lot of sororities are trying to be top in terms of grades right now so if you want to stand above the rest please make sure your GPA is very good -thinking well above a 3.0. It's annoying since freshman are just getting adjusted and trying to meet people but just be mindful!

By: Woco
#3  by: nah    

Just please please be thoughtful about going through recruitment, both boys and girls. As a non greek with almost all my friends being in one of these "top" houses I have seen sooooo many of them fall to peer pressure and change by being greek. Theres both a lot of social pressure and peer pressure to go to the bars/ row 4 nights a week and I've seen it take a huge toll on them both physically and mentally. I never rushed so I don't know what its really like but its something to be mindful of. Theres way more to Wofford than greek life and I've never ever complained about being bored!

By: nah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.