facebook

pnm's read

by: GammaChi

For all future PNM's, do not rely on this site for "accurate" information. Every single person posting on here is biased. I went through rush keeping my mind completely and totally open and was very happy with how things ended up. I think it's a good thing that you all have a whole semester to form opinions and get to know people before you rush, which is something I wish that I had. Take advantage of meeting girls outside of parties and the bar scene and form your own opinions of them. Also, please we weary of certain sororities (yes, this happens with more than just one) that put on a show for rush and also dirty rush. Ultimately what you want out of Greek life is to be surrounded by a group of genuine girls whom you fit in the best with. And this is different for everyone. Try to be smart and tell if a sorority only wants you for something you can provide, not who you truly are. And this will happen during recruitment.

Posted By: GammaChi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: upperclassmen    

This is so true. Coming from a girl that is in a sorority that is well sought after here, I would challenge you not just to join a sorority if you deep down do not feel its a really good fit for you. Just because you are in a "top" house does not mean that it is a good fit for you. I am not against sororities by any means, but if you are interested in rushing, make sure that you go out and meet people but stay on your p's and q's, keep your gpa as high as possible (think at least 3.2-3.25), and get involved in campus organizations before you rush. Best of luck!

By: upperclassmen
#2  by: heads up   

A few heads up about rush~~ .
Theta and zeta are the ones who tend to dirty rush. Beware -- they tend to rush hard, put on VERY good performances and girls on, and then bid promise/ not give bids once prefed. Don't think you're secure in either on pref night. These two tend to be very competitive.
KD tend to be a little more reliable, they don't take their rush as seriously as the other 2. They tend to be a little more laid back and do not rush girls quite as hard beforehand. They tend to be on probation more because they don't take things as serious but better that than lead girls on too much. Things seemed to be tough because of national stuff this year but all that aside they are not quite as intense in recruitment weekend as theta and zeta.

Anyone can get a bid to tri delta. Count on that

In terms of tiers most people can agree that DDD is still building and not as strong as the other 3 it's personal opinion about whether KAT/ ZTA / KD is the strongest. In my opinion ZTA did the best this year with Theta and KD not far behind them (KD really struggled this spring) but all 3 are great and have their strengths. And the order really changes every year and you can't say ones much better than the other. Theta tends to be very involved think student gov/ admissions/ orientation staff / award winner girls), zeta tends to be very social, pretty and athletic, and KD tends to be sweet/ approachable.

By: heads up
by: seriouslyJul 16, 2016 1:39:08 PM

as the first message said....Every single person posting on here is biased (positively or negatively!!). see above for an example. Meet these women on your own terms and make your own choices! We are so excited to meet all of y'all.

By: seriously
#3  by: 22   

Again from what I've experienced be really careful with the intentions of sororities. Try really hard to see if the group is a good fit for YOU and they don't just want you for your grades or what sports team you are on or what you provide for them. Wofford is such a great school and if Greek life fits you, great, but you can still be super involved on campus if it's not for you! Best of luck and do not let the idea of recruitment dictate your freshman year! Everyone is so happy that all of you are coming this fall!

By: 22

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.