facebook

let's get real.

by: Dean Bigs

As a guy in a fraternity here... I have really started to notice a very stuck up mentality from Theta girls. No one outside that sorority believes they are Top Tier at Wofford. Theta is certainly not equal to KD here or above Zeta. Period.

As far as mixing, KA and then SAE hang with most of KD and Zeta; ex. those 4 all spent spring break together. Some Zetas hang with Pikes as well. I only know of Freshman KDs ever hanging out with a Pikes regularly. I know of a few Thetas hanging with SAE or KA, but they hang with Pike a lot, and Kappa Sig. TriDelt hang with KS/SNu, but they mostly hang with guys from other local schools.

After a year without fun essentially, or a fraternity row, there has certainly been a weird dynamic to campus as fraternities have been hanging with each other a lot more. KAs and SAEs hang with each other all the time, but only hang with a few Pikes (or KS for that matter), and it's not by coincidence that the Pikes and Kappa Sigs hang with each other the most. The fact remains there are only so many kids who rush every year at Wofford being such a small school. It's statistically impossible to have so many people claiming "Top Tier". Pike particularly, but also Kappa Sig do have some cool guys, but they take a lot of guys to stay on pace with the other two for numbers.

REAL Sorority rankings are as follows:
Top: KD or Zeta
Middle: Theta
Bottom: TriDelt

REAL Fraternity rankings are as follows:
Top: KA or SAE
Middle: Pike > KS
Bottom: SNu or Phi

Posted By: Dean Bigs
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Finally    

Everyone's been thinking it, thanks for finally saying it

By: Finally
#2  by: To follow    

I agree with most of this. While there are a select few thetas that are wonderful people, the majority of them think they so much better than everyone else. They've been a good, strong sorority here for as long as I can remember so I have no clue where the ego in the past 2 or 3 years has come from. I hate to watch girls rush this sorority and change for the worst once their in it. Stuck up is the best way to describe theta which sucks. At the root of it they're all great girls but as a whole they come across as rude and pretentious. And why SO many girls wanted them this spring/ dropped cause they didnt get theta?

KD has done a great job changing their image. not necessarily the "rich girl" sorority anymore - more of those type of girls are making the SMART choice and not rushing. Being very selective about grades and resumes at the moment since all the other groups are beating them marginally (lowest gpa on campus I think and they're trying to change that?) As a result, they're getting more diverse and taking sweeter, less flashy, more down to earth girls. Again I know tons of girls who chose theta over them in spring rush and I do not understand?

Zeta is probably the most popular group here. The girls with the cutest clothes, best social calendars. Not much else to say.

I don't know much about tridelt honestly except they don't hang out with kappa sig.

-

By: To follow
by: ?May 19, 2016 3:14:14 PM

Pretty sure tridelts only hang out with kappa sigma?

By: ?
by: Kappa sig May 19, 2016 10:29:57 PM

The tridelts follow them around but they never actually date them or anything

By: Kappa sig
#3  by: yepppp   

yeah there are a few thetas that hang out with KA and Sae and those are typically nice girls. I can name off the top of my head several girls who are sick of actually being in theta because their expectations are so great nd the whole group is pretty cold as a whole. Unfortunate because I always though the thetas were supposed to be the nicest girls on campus

By: yepppp
#4  by: ...   

Zeta is the more popular then kd, but the KDs are nicer...i feel bad because there are some really really great girls in theta who probably chose it because it has "the best reputation on campus" but once they got in it they wish they chose something else. And there are plenty of nice thetas but the rude ones outnumber them. Junior and sophomore pledge classes in particular have some really awesome girls!

I would agree that zeta did the best in terms of pledge class this year. Kd did take some questionable people this year, but they still took some great girls. Thetas pledge class seems very exclusive and they don't really hang out with anyone but other thetas.

By: ...
#5  by: .....   

Yeah the thetas certainly used to be a great, sweet group of girls that everyone on campus wanted to hang out with. less than half a decade ago it used to stand out among kd and zeta for being down to earth, kind, and genuine, but that changed all too quickly. so many immature brats nowadays.

By: .....
#6  by: Jet   

Thetas are great girls - but I completely disagree with your frat ratings. Funny how two people have completely opposite views of Greek like at Wofford.

By: Jet
#7  by: About that   

Only problem is that KAs are D bags and tools

By: About that

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.