facebook

spring rush for soror

by: tree

a few questions...
does it really matter if you're housed/unhoused?
when does spring rush actually take place (april? may?)
i know at my state school bigs and littles have a say in who gets paired with who. how does that work at stanford

Posted By: tree
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: active   

In terms of housing/unhoused, it doesn't have any effect on how strong the chapter is, how amazing your sisters are, or how popular the sorority is on campus. That said, having a house or not provides two slightly different experiences. Some girls love the idea of living exclusively with your sisters and avoiding the draw - and a house provides that! For others, living in an all-female environment can be toxic and catty. The housed sororities generally have a higher level of internal drama for this very reason. However, girls in unhoused sororities usually draw/live together regardless, making it so that the unhoused chapters have "hubs" around campus where most of their members live, hang out, and pregame! This replicates a lot of the same feel of having a house - so, again, there really isn't a ton of difference between the two if you choose to live with your sisters and are involved in your sorority.

Rush happens in early april

For bigs/littles, most chapters allow littles to rank who they'd like their (say, top 5) bigs to be and bigs do the same for littles. Then they're paired up! I got my "first choice" big and I know most of the girls in my pledge class did as well. It's such a fun process :)

So excited for you to go greek!

By: active

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.