facebook

Sorority + Fraternity rankings

by: anon

Sororities
Top: Kappa and Theta
(Has been this way for a long time. Each year people argue one's pledge class might be slightly better than the others. But in rush it comes down to these 2 for girls. They try and sell against each other. Friend groups split/girls stress over the choice. Both only hang out with the top fraternities)
Lower top: Pi Phi
Yes Alpha Phi is rising but Pi Phi has a long history of being in the top 3. Usually girls who didn't get into Kappa and Theta (very rare that someone will choose Pi Phi with option of Kappa or Theta). Still a very good house with a long legacy at Stanford. Also usually only hangs out with the top frats.
Middle: Alpha Phi
Rising but a newer house. Top 3 still hold the power they have had for a long time.
Lower: Tri Delt + Chi O
Still good choices. Strong sisterhood.

Fraternities:
Top: KSig and KA
Have held top 2 spots for awhile historically. KA starting to drop with Sig Nu starting to rise.
Middle: Sig Nu
Has been rising.
Lower: phi si, sigep, sig chi

Posted By: anon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: s   

accurate

By: s
#2  by: Katie   

I would have to disagree about kappa staying in top since they didn’t make quota last recruitment cycle. Girls actually chose srats like theta, aphi, and even tridelt over kappa because their recruitment was so bad. It was not a strategy they implemented but girls just didn’t want them. They had a ranked list of 70ish girls for pref night and only 35 chose them first…. That’s why they had empty spots.

By: Katie
by: ^thisJul 29, 2022 5:52:40 PM

Agreed. They were over confident going into this cycle as "number 1". The house is also known as being extremely cliquey and divided inside, so girls wanted to join houses with better sisterhood. No one wants to join a house with a bunch of individualistic mean girls with HUGE egos all fighting to be the main character.
Theta had a rough two cycles prior. So I think top tier is changing in general.

By: ^this
#3  by: ??   

Sororities that have been fighting each other for number 1 for like 15 years are not going to suddenly crumble to a random new sorority. But nice try alpha phi

By: ??
#4  by: tree   

Would swap Sig Nu with KA at least this cycle

By: tree
by: noSep 8, 2022 10:27:11 AM

rising but no

By: no
#5  by: reposting bc true   

Girls who have a claim to fame in the small Stanford pond get kappa theta. Famous. athlete on cool team. Dates qb1. Model. Etc. The ones who don’t but wanted those go Piphi if they are prissy or Aphi if they don’t give af. Chio and tridelt are different types of houses- not competing for same girls as other 4.

By: reposting bc true
by: YeahAug 13, 2022 11:31:37 AM

This is very realistic. I would say girls who wanted theta go Piphi and girls who wanted kappa go Aphi. So like the bottom of theta class and top of Piphi class are indistinguishable. Same for bottom kappa/ top Aphi.

By: Yeah
by: idkAug 13, 2022 1:02:45 PM

I don't think the theta to pi phi and kappa to alpha phi pipeline is a thing. Feel like kappa and pi phi often have more southern girls and girls from SF.

By: idk
by: not trueAug 14, 2022 12:35:57 PM

Pi Phi is nothing like Theta. Can Theta please stop saying that

By: not true
#6  by: geo   

It actually might be kind of geographical - excluding athletes. Big cities like New York/LA/Bay Area split between them all. International girls usually Pi Phi. Chicago, Florida, Bellevue Theta. Texas and DC/Virginia Kappa.

By: geo
by: UmmmAug 14, 2022 12:17:36 AM

This is bizarrely inaccurate. Last two years apart from athletes kappa had about 12 girls from nyc/ct, 10 from LA area, and 10 from Bay Area

By: Ummm
by: UmmmAug 14, 2022 12:30:04 AM

And at least my year Piphi was 90% either southern or international. Literally zero girls from nyc

By: Ummm
by: KrisAug 14, 2022 12:39:25 AM

Geography is not a thing. We aren’t that kind of Greek school. Agree kappa and aphi take themselves way less seriously than theta or piphi. The latter are more preprofessional vibe. The former just drinking clubs. I’m in none of those 4 bc neither vibe interests me lol

By: Kris
#7  by: it is semi true   

Girls from the south never go theta

By: it is semi true
#8  by: Lol   

I see the anti kappa and pi phi hate rant comment disappeared magically after someone said is this the same tiktoker that has been writing every greek rank post for 10+ years

By: Lol
#9  by: omg   

bumpp

By: omg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.