facebook

Difficulty question

by: ?

How hard is it to get into theta vs pi phi vs other houses? Feel like those would be my top but wondering what they are looking for. Could be happy anywhere;GL to everyone rushing this weekend

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ellie   

It’s not hard if you are rich, beautiful or an athlete in a prestige sport
For everyone else it’s hard

By: Ellie
by: GraceOct 7, 2021 10:05:22 PM

I would say if you are a poc with good social skills you have a very good chance this year

By: Grace
by: SisFeb 6, 2022 10:33:48 AM

Theta way harder to get into vs pi phi. Pi phi used to be hard but they had to snap bid about a dozen girls who had dropped out of rush because they were not in demand. Kappa and theta definitely the hardest.

By: Sis
by: MaisyFeb 6, 2022 10:34:38 AM

If you want piphi get to know the wealthy international girls in your dorm Bc they have a pipeline into piphi

By: Maisy
#2  by: Ellie   

True these houses really want diversity bad

By: Ellie
#3  by: Kyla    

I would say kkg theta and pifi are all hard just because they fill up with the athletes and international girls and debutantes from both coasts. All together those three take like 100 girls.

By: Kyla
by: kikiFeb 9, 2022 9:48:08 PM

So this year international and southern girls went piphi. Athletes went kappa/theta/aphi. Woc went every house!!!!

By: kiki
by: NewbieFeb 11, 2022 11:33:27 PM

I think this is outdated. Piphi was not hard to get into recently. Theta you must know people already with rare exceptions like debutantes from back east or woc

By: Newbie
by: @WTFApr 15, 2022 12:57:02 PM

@WTF thank you theta lol

By: @WTF
#4  by: x   

pi phi is definitely harder to get into this year bc of high demand for them. what these sororities are looking for are just genuine people who care about what they’re passionate about

By: x
by: Kyla Oct 7, 2021 10:15:55 PM

Thank you pi phi for that enlightening tidbit

by: Kyla Oct 7, 2021 10:16:14 PM

Thank you pi phi for that enlightening tidbit

by: WowOct 9, 2021 10:36:02 PM

And how do srats ascertain this in a 10 minute phone call? Serious question

By: Wow
by: ahemFeb 9, 2022 9:46:04 PM

So I don’t know how pp think
They know which are harder to get into. That’s totally not objective. As it turned out this year kappa and theta got the high profile girls that everyone wanted. Piphi did not reach quota through bid matching and snap bid about a dozen girls so by those measures I would say kappa and theta hardest to get in

By: ahem
#5  by: Smsjdn   

Pi phi takes a lot of athletes so huge help if you have that sounds like pi phi and kappa r most sought after houses the last year or so so may be a little tougher
Theta tends to be wealthier girls so can’t go wrong they all r quite fun

By: Smsjdn
by: TalaMar 19, 2022 11:28:23 PM

So piphi used to get athletes but not recently. They got a few rowers and a single water polo player. The rest went kappa theta and aphi to various degrees. Like 2/3 kappa class were athletes vs maybe 1/3 for theta and aphi

By: Tala
#6  by: Anandn   

Kappa and pi phi tend to be a bit rowdier (at least more recent PC’s?)
Theta is a bit more chill/down to earth…although it literally seems to change every year

By: Anandn
by: AnandnOct 7, 2021 11:10:17 PM

Pi phi and kappa also need some more diversity so they will def be looking to make their pc more diverse I think since pi phi is literally alit of white girls???

By: Anandn
by: TalaMar 19, 2022 11:25:06 PM

I would say for party vibe kappa or Aphi

By: Tala
by: WellaMar 19, 2022 11:55:04 PM

Most recent piphi pc def not what I would characterize as rowdy. Like there is a small group who party but not the norm

By: Wella
#7  by: Fran   

These houses are gonna fight hard for the non white women. Someone’s gonna win

By: Fran
by: NeenndOct 8, 2021 1:59:51 AM

Oh yes kappa and pi phi will be looking to get as many poc as they can. Ofc they will still only go for the attractive/wealthy ones…

Theta looks more into personality and what sisterhood they have to offer!

By: Neennd
by: NeenndOct 8, 2021 2:01:36 AM

I think pi phi might rlly push to get a more diverse class for whatever reason they have been under much more scrutiny for it than kappa

By: Neennd
#8  by: Yup   

Agree it won’t just be wealthy woc. This year we will see all woc with good social skills get bids to top houses

By: Yup
by: YupFeb 9, 2022 9:43:22 PM

That’s how it went down

By: Yup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.