facebook

whats the difference between alpha phi and pi phi

by: asdfasdf

i heard the two are ranked the same,,,, depending on who you ask. i know there are a lot of pi phis on greek rank but just out of curiousity, what is the rep for each. does pi phi actually have a wild party girl rep

Posted By: asdfasdf
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Jr   

Pi phi does not have a wild party girl rep - if anything it's the opposite

Alpha phi - parties A LOT, fun, pretty crazy but most will admit willingly to that, a little try hard, from the outside I don't think everyone necessarily likes everyone but the girls who have what seem like most genuine friendships I've seen at Stanford are aphis which is cool to see

Pi phi - pretty, sweet, conservative, some are big partiers but they are the minority, never heard anyone talk bad about anyone else in the sorority which is cool, but they also don't really seem like the closest of friends at least from the outside but could be wrong

Both are great sororities - would say go aphi if you want to go out go pi phi if you like having a good girl rep

By: Jr
#2  by: the gist    

aphi's rep is soley as pretty, desperate, social climbers while piphi is more classy and good girl and since its not as easy to get in their pants frats might say they like aphi more. Also just giving you a real rundown since everyone knows aphi's are literally everywhere on this site trying to say they are top tier (they arent btw, dont be fooled)

By: the gist
#3  by: FROSH BEWARE   

quite a few girls who bidded and spend spring quarter in aphi are re-rushing this year to try to get top three TKP (theta kappa or pi phi)... this alone is a testament to aphi's rep. this becomes very clear in rush to EVERYONE during their awkward and horribly planned rush party to their fake laughs during skit night to the fact that they spent their entire social budget on the video rather than actually using it for bonding events

By: FROSH BEWARE
by: @ Frosh bewareFeb 22, 2017 4:44:15 PM

Hey! I'm really happy with how professional our video looked last year, but we actually were really lucky and got it done for free by a guy looking to get experience, so the majority of our budget was definitely not spent there. As for girls who drop, every single chapter has had a few girls drop, but 99% have been due to inability to commit time or money to greek life, not because they want to rerush. If you know someone who is trying to rerush, that's fine, but please don't try to generalize. Also I'm positive that TKP is not a thing. TKA isn't a thing either, so let's chill.

By: @ Frosh beware
by: Nice tryFeb 23, 2017 2:44:34 AM

Consider the fact that this commenter doesn't have any knowledge of Alpha Phi'a budget or event calendar. Don't take anything you read on Greek rank too seriously, people love to assume what they want and make false claims like the one above.

By: Nice try
#4  by: fvsdfsddfs   

LOL PI PHI IS NOT A TOP HOUSE. PLEASE STOP>
they're pretty much tied. aphi girls are hotter. yup

By: fvsdfsddfs
#5  by: Low   

The fact that aphi has been on campus shorter than pi phi shows how fast their reputation is soaring. Pi phi has an extra advantage because they have a house on campus so it builds a stronger sense of community. But to me honestly aphi is a hotter group, just a pity that they don't have a house.

By: Low
#6  by: pimp   

go aphi if you want to be part of the clique. go pi phi if you want your bfs parents to love you. simple

By: pimp
#7  by: A dude   

Pi Phis are all generally cool girls, my rule of thumb for alpha phis is that if they're attractive, theres a reason they didnt get into theta or kappa or pi phi (generally socially awkward, crazy, or annoying) alpha phi is definitely worse

By: A dude
by: ?Mar 24, 2017 2:10:53 AM

A lot of girls who choose aphi over theta/kappa do so because the other two have very specific stereotypes that not all girls are looking for in greek life (theta=cliques, kappa=too wild/weird for some). I'm not saying that those two aren't considered "top tier" just that aphi tends to attract girls who aren't looking to fit a certain mold or for greek life to change who they are as individuals. In my experience, aphis are some of the most genuine and involved girls on campus who also love to party a lot.

By: ?
by: A dude rightMar 24, 2017 2:38:22 AM

Written by a pi phi trying to claim a top house status. Stay where you are losers

By: A dude right

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.