facebook

post-rush discussion and ranking

by: rush 2016

top tier: theta/kappa (girly&preppy vs. bro&sporty)
upper mid: pi phi, aphi, tridelt (beautiful&sweet vs. hot&crazy vs. outgoing&hipster)
mid: chio (inclusive, girly, sweet)
lower mid: aephi (philanthropy&sisterhood)

All of the chapters are great though and have something to add to campus!! Not all girls will be happy with a "top tier" like kappa or theta, and this year a lot of girls actually preffed "lower tier" sororities above ones that are higher.

Posted By: rush 2016
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

while this is pretty accurate, you're clearly a pi phi - i would say they're better described as "conservative/vanilla" but you did get a beautiful PC

By: lol
#2  by: my take   

Personal opinion here but I think Kappa out-rushed Theta this year and landed a particularly killer pledge class. I also think Alpha Phi edged out Pi Phi and got the better group. Tridelt was the usual, if not a bit below their normal - really sad to see them falling. Chi O has like 80 girls, and from what I can tell it's their usual.

Rankings post-rush:

Kappa
Theta

Alpha Phi
Pi Phi
Tridelt

Chi O

I'm tempted to put a space between Alpha Phi and Pi Phi because Alpha Phi has the better social calendar this spring (objectively - I've seen both), but I don't want to create another fight on Greek Rank...

These are just my thoughts. It's not to say that all of these girls aren't amazing, incredible, and fun women; because they are honestly wonderful. It was a blast talking to so many girls during rush this year. I hope they enjoy their first spring quarter in Greek life here <3

By: my take
by: my takeApr 19, 2016 1:22:44 PM

@Nope: I'm in Greek life but I'm not in Alpha Phi...I tried not to be super biased but looking back at my comment you can kinda tell which sorority I'm actually in.

Never said Pi Phis aren't pretty I just think APhi got the better group. Realistically, if it were about looks only, Theta would be ranked lower this year. I agree with the point about Tridelt's diversity, though I'm not sure this year's PC is better than last year's. I also wouldn't say that they're all at the same level, in either the sisterhood category or the social category.

By: my take
by: idkApr 19, 2016 1:45:49 PM

I agree, all 3 are on the same level with different strengths depending on what you're looking for in a sorority! And at least based on the girls I've seen, both alpha phi and pi phi have hot PCs.

By: idk
#3  by: 100   

I agree with the OP. The rankings within the tiers could be rearranged based on what you value in a sorority, but the tiers themselves are pretty solid.

By: 100
#4  by: YAS OP   

OP got it right. also anyone who would say kappa is hotter than theta is clearly not a kappa... kappa and theta are both indistinguishably the top 2 in no order and no one in kappa or theta would try to social climb... they're already there.

By: YAS OP
by: sorryMay 17, 2016 12:24:28 AM

Every freshman girl knows that the biggest social climbers in our class are concentrated in Kappa, followed by Theta. Maybe it's different in the older pledge classes, but this year, not so much.

By: sorry
by: LolMay 20, 2016 11:17:29 PM

KKG and kat are so full of it. New money.

By: Lol
#5  by: xx   

Aphi did beat pi phi, they are climbing to the top. Theta is defintely hotter than kappa (their old pledge classes) not sure how this years went

By: xx
by: Yeah ok May 18, 2016 10:12:05 AM

Ok alpha phi. We get it. You think youre better than everyone else. You're not. Please stop.

By: Yeah ok
by: NahMay 19, 2016 10:18:50 AM

Pi phis pc is hotter and pi phi is a more well rounded chapter. Hell tri delts girls have better personalities and are more fun to hang with and is also a more well rounded chapter. Aphi is just trying to social climb hard on this page.

By: Nah
by: okJul 26, 2016 7:31:03 AM

any post that has a disproportionate number of up or down votes is one girl that is voting multiple times on greekranks bug. aphi and piphi need to chill tf out. both some of the best places to be

By: ok
#6  by: why   

idk why there is such a fight between aphi and pi phi...you guys are in the exact same tier stop arguing about it

By: why

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.