facebook

"Everyone finds their home" isn't true

by: .

I'm really disheartened by recruitment honestly. I was so so excited and spent a year practicing because I so badly wanted to be part of Greek Life. I took the bait of "everyone finds their home" when in reality I didn't find it to be the case at all. I don't know what I did to get ranked so low, but only one org called me back and it wasn't one that was super high on my list. All the orgs were nice to talk to and I liked them all, so it was honestly devastating to see and I put a lot of effort in, so it sucked to see they clearly didn't feel the same.

Just a warning for other PNMs, because obviously it does happen

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: oh    

with your mentality, this was gonna happen. If you need to “practice”, then maybe Greek life isn’t even for you and the other orgs clearly saw that when hey met you lmao. how does one even “practice” like wtf LMAO. Also to try rushing and have the audacity to claim you don’t like the org that called you back...damn, well clearly they’re the only one that liked YOU. And usually some orgs HAVE to invite back some number of pnms so you may not even be their favorite lol tough luck right kiddo?

By: oh
by: yahFeb 22, 2021 1:16:40 PM

Also, I think tht as pnms, we forget that we aren’t supposed to be impressed by the orgs, we are supposed to impress them. If an org calls you back, I think it’s either cause they really liked you or maybe actually felt sorry for you because you’re still a nice person. Think about that. In the other hand, I got called back to the top 2 that I want, so this person is just bitter that no one liked them and another org felt sorry for them

By: yah
by: .Feb 22, 2021 1:39:39 PM

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I knew I'd get really nervous, so I did practice interviews to make sure I could show my best self. Also I NEVER said I didn't like the org that called me back. They were actually my second favorite out of all of the ones I met. My point was that I was ranked low enough that how I ranked the orgs clearly had no effect.

Why are you being so mean about it? I didn't say anything rude about anyone and wasn't trying to bring anyone down. Like why intentionally try to make me feel bad when I'm just expressing how I felt?

By: .
by: WowFeb 22, 2021 1:57:14 PM

You guys are being so mean to this girl who clearly is upset. A similar thing happened to me too and I would’ve dropped if people treated me like this

By: Wow
by: .Feb 22, 2021 1:59:03 PM

@Wow

Thank you. Like I already was super upset and wondering what was wrong with me, so this wasn't exactly super helpful

by: disgustingFeb 23, 2021 7:43:36 AM

I didn’t really get called back from the orgs I wanted, so I dropped. I didn’t really like being virtual and I know that out of their control. I graduate in 2024 so I think sometime we might not have to worry about be in-person anymore.
I’ll try again when things are in person. Also, reading through these other comments were so hard. It’s extremely hurtful :( just why?

By: disgusting
by: maybeFeb 27, 2021 8:13:13 AM

your home is way you were loved and accepted and ranked the highest. A home is supposed to love you for you. How friendly would a home be if you always knew they ranked you low or didn’t even want you. I’m sorry but it’s just the way things go.

By: maybe
#2  by: .   

I never said anything about not being impressed? I was impressed by them and was trying really, really hard to impress them too. That's my whole point. Ok, I'm really glad you got your top 2! I hope you get your first choice too. I'm not being bitter, I'm letting PNMs know that it's a thing that can happen and they should emotionally prepare themselves.

My point was everyone told me that if I was just myself I'd be fine, and that didn't happen. So you respond by implying that someone needed to feel bad for me to pick me? Like why? These comments are really harsh responses to me being open about my experience.

by: awh baby Feb 22, 2021 2:33:47 PM

Everyone is being so harsh. It’s probably not even personal to you love. They probably are scared for pref night with their top orgs and are just hoping they get the org they’ve wanted this whole process. Don’t listen to them <3 Sending hugs!

By: awh baby
by: lolFeb 26, 2021 4:38:15 PM

@former pnm

tell me you were the mean girl in high school without actually telling me you were the mean girl in high school

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.