facebook

sorority comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Southern Mississippi - USM General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 14
#1  by: GreekGirl   

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that these rankings have gotten seriously out of hand. About half of the negative ratings are bull crap, and probably half of those leftover are highly exaggerated. This is just something to keep in mind.

-Chi O: who cares what their intitiation is? whether it does or doesn't involve coffins is irrelevant. if you really want to join, don't let a rumor stop you.
DG: they are smart. why is this a problem? no need to hate because they have a good gpa.
Pi Phi: like all chapters, pi phi has its girls that like to party. but i know girls here that don't even drink at all and are devoted members of bsu. don't be so quick to stereotype. this is a highly diverse group.
phi mu: just because they don't do much or have a wild rep doesn't mean that they all are

By: GreekGirl
#2  by: GreekGirl   

continued...
tri delt - just because you don't hear something about a sorority doesn't make them weird or low key. maybe they just have a sisterhood together and don't cause drama outside of the chapter?
adpi - just because this is a smaller chapter doesn't make them creeps. every chapter has its weirdos. adpi got a huge pledge class and is clearly improving. why all the hate?
kd: just because these girls have a reputation for dirty rushing doesn't give anyone the right to slander their names. all people make mistakes. and also, the girls i know in this chapter aren't fake at all.

By: GreekGirl
#3  by: ranker   

Here's the breakdown for USM:
#1 & 2 - (tie) Tri Delt & DG. They go back and forth almost every semester. But they're always the top 2.
#3 - Chi O - solidly #3. Not going anywhere anytime soon.
#4 - KD - if it weren't for all the back-biteing and fighting, they might be tied with Chi O for the #3 spot.
#5 - Phi Mu - very average.
#6 - AdPi - have maybe gotten a little better in the past 2 yrs or so. Just still not a top group. :(
#7 - Pi Phi - They try, but it's sad.

By: ranker
#4  by: Ridiculous!   

This is ridiculous! For a campus that boasts greek unity, every sorority is getting bashed on here, probably by other sororites.

@GreekGirl - you are completely right. every chapter has its weak and strong points. While some may end up being overall a little better or worse than another, every ranking is exaggerated and some are even completely wrong. Grow up people!

By: Ridiculous!
#5  by: Fall2010   

Most accurate scholastic info from USM FALL semester 2010:
DG - 3.383
DDD - 3.172
CO - 3.141
KD - 3.121
PM - 3.055, PP - 2.860, ADP 2.815

By: Fall2010
#6  by: Rank   

#1 - DG
#2 - Tri Delt
#3 - KD
#4 - Chi O
#5 - Phi Mu
#6 - AD Pi
#7 - Pi Phi

By: Rank
#7  by: Statewide   

Strong at EVERY big 3 Mississippi school (Ole Miss, MSU, & USM):

#1 Delta Gamma
#2 Chi Omega
#3 Kappa Delta

Honorable Mention: Phi Mu is "good" at each of these 3 schools, but not tops. They're solidly in the middle at each place.

Many will wonder why Tri Delt is not on this list because of their popularity at USM & Ole Miss. Well, the answer is at MSU. They're "good girls" but just not top tier. Nuff said.

By: Statewide
#8  by: Ole Miss '14   

I go to Ole Miss but had a question for y'all. I was under the impression that DDD, DG, XO, and KD were the better sororities at USM, much like they are here. I know not to believe everything on this site, I know our board bashes top houses all the time, but I was wondering if that is still true or if this ranking is more accurate now?

By: Ole Miss '14
#9  by: To Ole Miss '14   

You're right. The top 4 will always be the top 4 - and nothing will change that. Don't believe everything you read. Some groups just don't have anything better to do than sit around on their computers and try to make themselves look important.
DG, Chi O, DDD, and KD are the best at USM and Ole Miss. DG, Chi O, and KD are the best at State.

By: To Ole Miss '14
#10  by: Ole Miss '14   

Is there a top 2 out of the 3? I know most people generally consider XO and DDD 2 out of 4 here.

By: Ole Miss '14
by: Top 2Sep 16, 2012 3:22:13 PM

Top two would be DG, AND DDD

By: Top 2

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.